[JPL] Fw: WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, Monday, April 18, 2005

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Mon Apr 18 23:16:34 EDT 2005

WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, Monday, April 18, 2005

8:00 PM B's Paris Blues Branford Marsalis Romare Bearden Revealed Marsalis Music

8:07 PM What Is This Thing Called Love Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol (rec. April 1955)
8:09 PM I Get a Kick Out of You Frank Sinatra Songs for Young Lovers Capitol
8:12 PM Night and Day Ella Fitzgerald Best of the Concert Years Pablo
8:17 PM Begin the Beguine Ella Fitzgerald The Cole Porter Songbook, Volume One Verve

8:25 PM Rock-a-Bye Basie Buck Clayton Complete CBS Jam Sessions Mosaic
8:33 PM Blue and Sentimental Buck Clayton Complete CBS Jam Sessions Mosaic

8:42 PM That's All Joe Williams Havin' a Good Time Hyena
8:47 PM Ballad Medley: On the Alamo Dizzy Gillespie Sittin' In Verve

9:02 PM Pure Imagination Five Play Five Play...Plus Arbors
9:07 PM I Won't Dance Cheryl Bentyne Let Me Off Uptown Telarc Jazz
9:11 PM As Catch Can Anat Cohen Place & Time Anzic

9:17 PM Django John Stein Interplay Azica (Scullers: 4/20; Iron Horse: 4/22)
9:24 PM Georgia on My Mind David "Fathead" Newman I Remember Brother Ray High Note (Scullers: 4/20; Iron Horse: 4/22)

9:36 PM Chelsea Bridge Gerry Mulligan & Ben Webster Mulligan Meets Webster Verve
9:43 PM Bunny Gerry Mulligan & Johnny Hodges Mulligan Meets Hodges Verve
9:49 PM Come Rain or Come Shine Gerry Mulligan & Zoot Sims Complete Concert Jazz Band Mosaic
9:54 PM This Can't Be Love Gerry Mulligan & Stan Getz Getz Meets Mulligan in Hi-Fi Verve

10:06 PM Monk in Wonderland Grachan Moncur III Exploration Capri
10:11 PM Monk Abram Wilson Jazz Warrior Dune
10:15 PM New Orleans Stomp McCoy Tyner Illuminations Telarc Jazz
10:21 PM Rhythm-a-ning Thelonious Monk Monk Heard 'Round the World Hyena

Hal Galper 67th birthday feature:
10:34 PM Moon Glaze Hal Galper Just Us Enja (born 4/18/38)
10:45 PM Willow Weep for Me Hal Galper Piano at Maybeck Concord Jazz
10:52 PM The Touch of Your Lips Hal Galper Piano at Maybeck Concord Jazz
11:00 PM Balcony Rock Hal Galper Invitation to a Concert Concord Jazz

11:12 PM Ballad Medley: I'm Through With Love Dizzy Gillespie Sittin' In Verve
11:23 PM Dinner for One Please, James Branford Marsalis Eternal Marsalis Music
11:31 PM Waiter, Ask the Man to Play the Blues Freddy Cole Waiter, Ask the Man to Play the Blues Verve

11:36 PM You Must Believe in Spring Alan Pasqua My New Old Friend Cryptogramophone
11:41 PM Being There Tord Gustavsen The Ground ECM (Regattabar: 4/20)
11:45 PM Flight of Fancy Amina Figarova Come Escape With Me Munich
11:52 PM Away Ravi Coltrane In Flux Savoy Jazz

Tuesday's highlights: Miles Davis' Filles de Kiliminjaro; Billie Holiday with Benny Carter & Jimmy Rowles; new releases by Brad Mehldau, Charles Lloyd, Phil Woods, and Gary Burton.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR