[JPL] WEMU Top Cuban & Brazilian Airplay 4/10-17/05

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Wed Apr 20 14:51:02 EDT 2005

Hello! Here are the most-played new and reissued
Afro-Cuban, Latin jazz, Brazilian, African and
Caribbean CDs on 89.1 from April 11th through
17th.The number in the parentheses tells you how
many times we played a disc.

1.	Choro Ensemble/Choro Ensemble/ Circular Moves (5)
2.	Caribbean Jazz Project/Here And Now: Live
/Concord (4)
3.	Los Hombres Calientes/Volume Five: Carnival/Basin
Street (4)
4.	Babatunde Lea/Suite Unseen: Summoner Of The
Ghost/Motema (3)
5.	Scott Martin/ Menudo And Gritz/SCM (3)
6.	Manuel Guajro Mirabel/ Buena Vista Social Club
Presents/Nonesuch (2)
7.	Jeff Niess & Ensemble Siete/Evolution/Mambo
Maniacs (2)
8.	Osdalgia/Sueman Los Cueros/Lusafrica (2)
9.	Tania Libertad/Negro Color/World Village Music (2)
10.	Damjan Krajacic/In Retrospect/Roundtone (2)
11.	Tete Alhinho/ Voz /World Connection (1)
12.	Los Jovenes Del Barrio/ Es Diferente/ Shanachie (1)
13.	Kokopelli Latin Jazz Ensemble/ La Luz
Etrna/kokopelli.com (1)
14.	Dafnis Prieto/About The Monks/Zoho (1)
15.	Rigo Y Su Obra Maestra/ Y Seguimos Bailando/Orba
Maestra (1)
16.	Sakesho/ We Want You To Say/ Heads Up (1)
17.	Son Café Bailando Con/BKS (1)
18.	Benny Velarde Y Super Combo/ Viva Velarde/
Hopping Mad (1)
19.	Various Artists/Acoustic Brazil/Putumayo (1)

This list reflects airplay on “Cuban Fantasy”,
“Brazilian Sol” and all 89.1 Jazz programs. “Cuban
Fantasy” with host Marc Taras airs from 7 to 9 PM
Mondays followed by “Brazilian Sol” with Mary
Catherine Smith from 9 to 11 PM.

If you would like to send CDs to the show hosts, you
are welcome to do so, but please remember to send an
additional copy to the music director, so that all
WEMU hosts can review the music for potential
airplay. We spice up our “meat and potatoes” jazz
programs with hot Latin music.

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director