[JPL] WEMU Top Blues 4/10-17/05

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Wed Apr 20 14:57:34 EDT 2005

Hello! Here are the most-played new and reissued
blues CDs on 89.1 from April 11th through 17th. The
number in the parentheses tells you how many times
we played a disc.

1.	Mem Shannon/I’m From Phunkville/Northern Blues (8)
2.	Various Artists/Old School Soul Party/Shout!
Factory (5)
3.	Marcia Ball/Live: Down The Road/Alligator (4)
4.	Tab Benoit/Fever On The Bayou/Telarc (4)
5.	Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings/Naturally/Daptone (4)
6.	David Maxwell/Max Attack/North 95 (4)
7.	Various Artists/Big Ol’ Box Of New Orleans/Shout!
Factory (4)
8.	Sue Foley/Changes/Justin Time (3)
9.	Solomon Burke/Make Do With What You Got/Shout!
Factory (2)
10.	The Alligators/Twenty To Life/Hitchcock (2)
11.	Bernard Allison/Higher Power/Ruf Records (2)
12.	Ronnie Earl & Duke Robillard/ The Duke Meets
Earl/Stony Plain (2)
13.	Howard Glazer & The El 34’s Brown Paper Bag/
Random Chance (2)
14.	The Hollywood Blue Flames/ Soul Sanctuary/Delta
Groove (2)
15.	Harrison Kennedy/Sweet Taste/The Label Group (2)
16.	Little Charlie & The Nightcats/Nine
Lives/Alligator (2)
17.	Albert Collins & The Ice-Breakers/The Ice Man At
Mount Fuji/Fuel 2000 (2)
18.	Elmore James/Best Of The Modern Years/Metro Blue (2)
19.	Dr. John/The Best Of The Parlophone Years (2)
20.	Sugar Ray & The Blue Tones/Hands Across The
Table/Severn (2)
21.	The Blind Boys Of Alabama/Praying
Time/Intersound (1)
22.	Otis Clay/Respect Yourself/Blind Pig (1)
23.	Carlos Del Junco/Blues Mongrel/Northern Blues (1)
24.	Zac Harmon/ The Blues According To
Zacarriah/Bluestone (1)

This reflects airplay on WEMU’s special blues shows:
“Big City Blues Cruise”,” The Blues And Some Other
Stuff”, “Blues On The Mellow Side”, and all 89.1
Jazz shows. We blend blues into our jazz shows to
make sure that we’re always soulfully rooted in
great American Music.

Joe Tiboni hosts the “Big City Blues Cruise” from 3
to 6 PM Sundays. “Blues And Some Other Stuff” with
Michael Jewett airs from 7 to 10PM Sundays followed
by Doug Cameron’s “Blues On The Mellow Side” from
10PM to 1AM.

If you would like to send CDs to the show hosts, you
are welcome to do so, but please remember to send an
additional copy to the music director, so that all
WEMU hosts can review the music for potential airplay

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
PO Box 980350