[JPL] Fw: WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, Thursday, April 21, 2005

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Apr 21 23:14:07 EDT 2005

WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, Thursday, April 21, 2005

8:00 PM Learnin' the Blues Frank Sinatra & Count Basie Sinatra-Basie Reprise 1963

8:05 PM Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry Christian Jacob Styne & Mine Wilder Jazz 2004 featuring Tierney Sutton
8:10 PM Close Enough for Love Tony Bennett The Art of Romance Columbia 2004
8:14 PM Ain't Misbehavin' Joe Williams Havin' a Good Time Hyena 1964

8:23 PM If I Should Lose You Carolyn Leonhart New 8th Day Sunnyside 2005
8:27 PM Waltz for Debby Ranee Lee Maple Groove Justin Time 2004
8:32 PM It's Alright With Me Eric Felten Meets the Dek-Tette V.S.O.P. 2005

8:41 PM Midnight Sun Andy Bey American Song Savoy Jazz 2004
8:47 PM Whatever Lola Wants Kate McGarry Mercy Streets Palmetto 2005
8:52 PM Don't Wait Too Long Madeleine Payroux Careless Love Rounder 2004 Iron Horse: May 31

8:57 PM Diggin' for Diz Stan Levey This Time the Drum's on Me Bethlehem 1956 d. 4/19/05
9:05 PM Wee Dizzy Gillespie For Musicians Only Verve 1956 featuring Stan Levey

9:17 PM Cherokee Slide Hampton Spirit of the Horn MCG 2004 b. 4/21/32
9:22 PM I Remember Clifford Slide Hampton Jazz in Paris Verve 1962
9:27 PM April in Paris Slide Hampton Spirit of the Horn MCG 2004
9:31 PM Summertime Slide Hampton Two Sides of Slide Fresh Sound 1961

9:37 PM Hit the Road Jack David Fathead Newman I Remember Brother Ray High Note 2005 Iron Horse: 4/22
9:42 PM I Got a Woman Kermit Ruffins Throwback Basin Street 2005
9:49 PM Let the Good Times Roll Ray Charles The Genius of Ray Charles Atlantic 1959
9:52 PM Hard Times David Newman Fathead: Ray Charles Presents David Newman  32 Jazz 1958

10:01 PM In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955
10:04 PM Mood Indigo Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955
10:07 PM Glad to Be Unhappy Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955
10:11 PM I Get Along Without You Very Well Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955

10:13 PM Deep in a Dream Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955
10:16 PM I See Your Face Before Me Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955
10:20 PM Can't We Be Friends Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955
10:23 PM When Your Lover Has Gone Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955

10:28 PM How Long Has This Been Going On Chris Walden Home of My Heart Origin 2004 featuring Tierney Sutton
10:31 PM Weird Nightmare Jeremy Pelt Close to My Heart Max Jazz 2003
10:36 PM Thrice Upon a Theme Charles Mingus The Jazz Experiments of Charles Mingus Bethlehem 1954
10:44 PM Perdido John LaPorta Theme and Variations Fantasy 1956

10:54 PM What Is This Thing Called Love Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955
10:58 PM Last Night When We Were Young Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955
11:01 PM I'll Be Around Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955
11:04 PM Ill Wind Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955

11:08 PM It Never Entered My Mind Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955
11:12 PM Dancing on the Ceiling Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955
11:15 PM I'll Never Be the Same Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955
11:17 PM This Love of Mine Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1955

11:22 PM Almost Like Being in Love Lester Young with the Oscar Peterson Trio Verve 1952
11:26 PM I Wished on the Moon Billie Holiday All or Nothing at All Verve 1955
11:29 PM Little Did I Dream Tony Bennett The Art of Romance Columbia 2004
11:33 PM I've Never Been in Love Before Phil Woods Groovin' to Marty Paich Jazzed Media 2005

11:40 PM The Days of Wine and Roses Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen Friends Forever Milestone 1995  d. 4/20/05
11:46 PM Confirmation Archie Shepp & Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen Looking at Bird Steeplechase 1979
11:52 PM You and the Night and the Music Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen Those Who Were Verve 1996 featuring Johnny Griffin

Next week:
Monday w guest host Peter Sokolowski: Harry "Sweets" Edison; Johnny Griffin; Harry Allen & Randy Sandke; and N-HOP.
Tuesday's highlights: Ella Fitzgerald and Ellis Larkins; Jimmy Guiffre; Terrell Stafford; Anat Cohen; Focus by Stan Getz.
Wednesday: Lee Morgan's The Sidewinder.
Thursday: Ellingtonia.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"