[JPL] Ella Fitzgerald

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Wed Apr 27 07:51:06 EDT 2005

Hey Ron:
Thanks for your appreciation of Ella, and that vivid description of her
Symphony Hall appearance.  I went back to one of my Ella desert island
discs, Pure Ella, in my tribute last night.  I don't know why Granz never
recorded her with Ellis Larkins, for the two sessions they made for Decca in
1950 and '54 are sublime.
Tom Reney