[JPL] WEMU Top Cuban & Brazilian airplay 4/18-24/05

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Wed Apr 27 15:28:31 EDT 2005

Hello! Here are the most-played new and reissued
Afro- Cuban, Latin jazz, Brazilian, African and
Caribbean CDs on 89.1 from April 18th through 24th.
The number in the parentheses tells you how many
times we played a disc.

1.	Choro Ensemble/Choro Ensemble/Circular Moves (8)
2.	Saxomania/Marejada Feliz/CariJazz (4)
3.	Rigo Y Su Obra Maestra/ Y Seguimos Bailando/Orba
Maestra (4)
4.	Scott Martin/Menudo And Gritz/SCM (4)
5.	Los Hombres Calientes/Volume 5: Carnival/Basin
Street (3)
6.	Spirit Of Life Ensemble/A Little Oasis/Rise Up (3)
7.	Damjan Krajacic/In Retrospect/Roundtone (2)
8.	Babatunde Lea/Suite Unseen: Summoner Of The
Ghost/Motema (2)
9.	Jeff Niess & Ensemble Siete/Evolution/Mambo
Maniacs (2)
10.	Dafnis Prieto/ About The Monks/Zoho (1)
11.	Son Café/Bailando Con/BKS (1)

This list reflects airplay on “Cuban Fantasy”,
“Brazilian Sol” and all 89.1 Jazz programs. “Cuban
Fantasy” with host Marc Taras airs from 7 to 9 PM
Mondays followed by “Brazilian Sol” with Mary
Catherine Smith from 9 to 11 PM.

If you would like to send CDs to the show hosts, you
are welcome to do so, but please remember to send an
additional copy to the music director, so that all
WEMU hosts can review the music for potential
airplay. We spice up our “meat and potatoes” jazz
programs with hot Latin music.

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director