[JPL] Jazz in Japan

Vikingjazz at aol.com Vikingjazz at aol.com
Wed Apr 27 19:54:26 EDT 2005

Jazz is very popular in Japan. All styles are being played by  Japanese
musicians. The most refreshing thing about the musicians coming up is  the fact
that they are developing their own styles and not copying as much as  they used
to do. A lot of Japanese CDs are continually being issued, many are  not
available in the United States because they are expensive, $25 and up here.  There
is also an very active re-issue program going on over there.

Gunnar A, Jacobsen
Koko Jazz Records

In a message dated 4/27/2005 7:10:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,