[JPL] NEXT WEEK ON THE WORLD'S ONLY REAL MODERN JAZZ CHANNEL...XM 72 BEYOND JAZZ

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 30 12:52:59 EDT 2005

XM 72...BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (2-8 May 05)

This Monday, May 2nd, we'll present another edition of our special feature...MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of the music of the master drummer of jazz fusion, LENNY WHITE! You'll get the mojo behind the music from Lenny himself and with the good graces of Warner Music you'll hear a full hour of his solo work as well as his collaborations with legendary artists like Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard and of course the seminal fusion powerhouse Return To Forever. Listen Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It's MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! featuring LENNY WHITE! on XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

This week enjoy another edition of our new show JAMMIN' JAZZ...JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! hosted my Michelle Sammartino.  What's it all about?  Well here's how  Michelle describes what you'll hear on the show..."anything with that "jamband" jazz, acid jazz, brass band, swamp boogie, funk influenced, booty movin' feel that ya just can't hear anywhere else." Listen for JAMMIN' JAZZ three times each week...Tuesday night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A Pacific, and Sunday at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific, right after the weekly request show THE EMAIL REPLY HOUR. It's JAMMIN' JAZZ...JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! with Michelle Sammartino this week featuring Groove Collective, The Greyboy All-Stars, Motherbug and more!

This week we'll celebrate the fusion era as we present THE LORDS OF FUSION LIVE! on WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 8 PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week you'll return with us to the thrilling days of yesteryear with live performances by Return To Forever, Weather Report, George Duke with Billy Cobham, Miles Davis and more...It's THE LORDS OF FUSION LIVE! on this weeks addition of WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S!

IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. Each hour beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you'll hear a classic fusion piece and get the mojo behind this controversial era in jazz history. IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION! on XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

On Saturday, May 7th, Beyond Jazz presents a special edition of "WORDS & MUSIC" as we spend the day with one of the masters of modern jazz guitar on a special show titled "LENNY WHITE: MASTER DRUMMER OF FUSION!"   Join us as we talk to Lenny about growing up in New York, his work during the fusion era with legendary artists like Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard and Return To Forever and of course his brilliant solo work. Each hour begins with conversation followed by music. It all starts at Noon and lasts through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific) It's "LENNY WHITE: MASTER DRUMMER OF FUSION!" this weeks edition of "WORDS & MUSIC"

Every Sunday it's the EMAIL REPLY HOUR...from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by playing requested songs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com.

PREMIER SUNDAY
There's another batch of new music coming to you this Sunday, May 8th, because it will be another Premier Sunday from XM 72, Beyond Jazz. We'll present the premier of four new releases including a rare import from Polish vocalist Anna Maria Jopek with special guest Pat Metheny singing Pat's songs in Polish on her new CD "Upojenie" Special thanks to Pat himself for giving this import to us.  Then it's another band exploring the limits of the jazz keyboard trio for the 21st century, North Carolina-born keyboardist Michael Bellar and his New York-based band The As-Is Ensemble with their new release "Like It Is." Then listen for the full-blown funkiness of two great bands, Boston Horns with "You've Got To Find Your Own Groove," And Richmond Virginia's guitarist DJ Williams, with his band The DJ Williams Projekt and their new CD "Wrong Notes Write." It's four new releases on Sunday, May 8th beginning at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific, immediately following this weeks edition of Jammin' Jazz, on another Premier Sunday from XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
(((XM))) Satellite Radio