[JPL] THE NEXT JAZZ AMERICA ON VOA

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 30 13:26:49 EDT 2005

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before!

JAZZ AMERICA is now heard not only on the entertainment service MusicMix,  but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net to get more information including when it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

Also…please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or inquires you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #607…7-8 MAY, 2005
MICHAEL BRECKER-night Jessamine (wide angles)
CHERYL BENTYNE-let me off uptown (let me off uptown)
*Dave Holland Interview
DAVE HOLLAND-mental images  (overtime)
THAD JONES/MEL LEWIS-little rascal on a rock (new life)
DENA DEROSE-all the way (a walk in the park)
*Dave Holland Interview
DAVE HOLLAND-last minute man  (overtime)
FAREED HAQUE GROUP-pairs  (cosmic hug)

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #608…7-8 MAY, 2005
McCOY TYNER-passion dance (turning point)
LEA DELARIA-ballad of Sweeney todd (playing it cool)
*Dave Holland Interview
DAVE HOLLAND-razor’s edge  (what goes around)
CARLA BLEY-Lo ultimo (the very big Carla Bley band)
CLAIRE MARTIN-bye bye country boy (make this city ours)
*Dave Holland Interview
DAVE HOLLAND-ario  (overtime)

SHOW #605-606…30 APRIL-1 MAY, 2005
Featured Artist…DAVE HOLLAND (Part Two)
Focusing on music with his Quintet
plus music by Christian McBride, Ray Brown,
Charles Mingus & Ron Carter