[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 7/8/05

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jul 9 00:15:08 EDT 2005

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, July 8, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURES:
JOHN STUBBLEFIELD (d. 7/4/2005)
HANK MOBLEY (b. 7/7/1930)
LEE MORGAN (b. 7/10/1938)

8:00pm
Horace Parlan Quintet: THEME Wadin;, Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
John Stubblefield; Donal Fox: Here's One, Live at Scullers Jazz Club 1992
(Only on 89.7)
John Stubblefield; Donal Fox: Don't Explain, Live at The RegattaBar 1998
(Only on 89.7)

8:29pm
Bill Charlap Trio: Who Cares, The American Soul (Blue Note)
Scott Hamilton ; w. Bill Charlap Trio: Fine And Dandy, Back in New York
(Concord)
Brian Lynch; Bill Charlap: Come Rain or Come Shine, Brian Lynch Meets Bill
Charlap (Sharp Nine)

8:49pm
Brian Lynch w. Miguel Zenon: 24/7, 24/7 (Nagel-Heyer)
Miguel Zenon: Marianda, Jibaro (Marsalis Music)

9:02pm
SPECIAL FEATURE : MOBLEY AND MORGAN

Hank Mobley: I Should Care, Another Workout (Blue Note)
Lee Morgan: Since I Fell For You, Candy (Blue Note)
Hank Mobley / Lee Morgan: Carolyn, Hank Mobley:
No Room For Squares (Blue Note)

9:25pm
Art Blakey; w. Hank Mobley / Lee Morgan: Just Coolin',
At The Jazz Corner of The World (Blue Note)
Hank Mobley / Lee Morgan: Once in A Lifetime,
Lee Morgan: The Rajah (Blue Note)
Hank Mobley / Lee Morgan: The Steppin' Stone,
Hank Mobley: Third Season (Blue Note)

9:49pm
Johnny Griffin; Hank Mobley / Lee Morgan: Smoke Stack,
A Blowin' Session (Blue Note)

10:06pm
Hank Mobley / Lee Morgan: The Break Through, Hank Mobley: Dippin'
Hank Mobley / Lee Morgan: Sometin' Cute, Lee Morgan: Charisma (Blue Note)
Hank Mobley / Lee Morgan: Straight No Filter, Hank Mobley:
Straight No Filter (Blue Note)

10:26pm
Hank Mobley / Lee Morgan: Nostalgia, The Birth of Hard Bop (Savoy)
Hank Mobley / Lee Morgan: Speak Low, Peckin' Time (Blue Note)

10:45pm
Lee Morgan: All The Way, Candy (Blue Note)
Hank Mobley: Dig Dis, Soul Station (Blue Note)

11:02pm
John Stubblefield; Donal Fox: You Know My Eyes; Lullaby,
Live at The RegattaBar 1998 (Only on 89.7)

11:31pm
John Stubblefield; Donal Fox: King of Harts; Frustration,
Live at Scullers Jazz Club 1992 (Only on 89.7)

11:52pm
Mulgrew Miller: Road Life, Live at Yoshi's Volume Two (MaxJazz)

 Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.