[JPL] Canadian festivals

Jackson, Bobby bjackson at WCPN.org
Tue Jul 12 15:50:11 EDT 2005

I enjoyed and learned so much from your posts about Canadian jazz
festivals.  Thanks so much to all of you.

Peace,

Bobby Jackson

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com
[mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Blaise Lantana
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 2:19 AM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: RE: [JPL] Canadian festivals

Dog Communications, Inc.
For more information visit us at  http://jpl.yellowdog.com To become a
sponsor contact Tony Gasparre at tony at yellowdog.com or 585-235-4685.

Thanks for the Getz story Jim, that's one the listener's would dig.

Blaise Lantana
Music Director
KJZZ Phoenix

This week's sponsor is: JazzWeek Magazine
Back from the JazzWeek Summit last week in Syracuse, we bring you the
low down on what went on from the viewpoint of several attendees as
assembled by Music Editor Tad Hendrickson, who adds his own
observations as a first-time attendee. The JazzWeek Awards were
presented for the third year, and we've got details on the winners.
Let's not forget that besides the Summit, with its panel sessions and  a
wonderful showcase event made possible by Mack Avenue Records,  there
was also a huge outdoor festival going on, the Syracuse Jazz  Fest,
which drew 55,000 people in three days. We've got reviews of  new CDs by
Flora Purim, Beaux J Poo Boo, James Carter Organ Trio, and  Bud Shank
and Phil Woods, plus other news.