[JPL] Sassy Sings Pope John Paul II

dcrane at comcast.net dcrane at comcast.net
Wed Jul 20 18:45:22 EDT 2005

Garrett:

Check out Gene Lees' book "Singers and the Song" for lots of info regarding this project.  Lees was responsible for setting the poems to music.  It's been years since I've read the book.  It will tell you far more than you'd ever care to know.  This recording was re-issued on CD a few years ago.  I can't comment on the music as I don't recall ever hearing it.

Doug Crane
dcrane at comcast.net
Volunteer Jazz DJ
KUVO Denver 89.3 FM