[JPL] Fw: WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, February 28, 2005

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Mar 1 02:36:08 EST 2005

WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, February 28, 2005

8:00 PM It's All in the Game Keith Jarrett The Out of Towners ECM

8:09 PM Like Someone in Love John Coltrane Coltrane Plays for Lovers Prestige
8:13 PM Never Let Me Go Tierney Sutton Blue in Green Telarc
8:19 PM If You Could See Me Now Bill Evans The Best of Bill Evans Riverside

8:25 PM Just Friends Charles McPherson A Tribute to Charlie Parker Clarion Jazz
8:32 PM Dewey Square Charlie Parker Complete Savoy and Dial Recordings Savoy Jazz
8:35 PM Au Privave Sonny Stitt Stitt Plays Bird Atlantic

8:40 PM Seven Steps to Heaven Miles Davis Seven Steps Columbia
8:46 PM A NIght in Tunisia Stefano di Battista Parker's Mood Blue Note
8:51 PM Billie's Bounce Keith Jarrett Tokyo '96 ECM

9:03 PM "Dinner for One Please, James" Joe Williams Ballad and Blues Master Verve
9:06 PM Miss Otis Regrets Ella Fitzgerald "Cole Porter Songbook, Vol. 1" Verve
9:09 PM Before the First Cup Brain Lynch Meets Bill Charlap Sharp Nine
9:18 PM Nightbird Claudio Roditi Light in the Dark Nagel Heyer

60th anniversary of first recordings of Gillespie and Charlie Parker together:
9:27 PM Groovin' High Dizzy Gillespie Odyssey 1945-1952 Savoy Jazz (Recorded 2/28/45)
9:28 PM All the Things You Are Dizzy Gillespie Odyssey 1945-1952 Savoy Jazz (Recorded 2/28/45)
9:31 PM Dizzy Atmosphere Dizzy Gillespie Odyssey 1945-1952 Savoy Jazz (Recorded 2/28/45)

9:36 PM Acknowledgement Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra A Love Supreme Palmetto
9:46 PM Resolution Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra A Love Supreme Palmetto

10:01 PM Pursuance Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra A Love Supreme Palmetto
10:08 PM Psalm Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra A Love Supreme Palmetto

10:25 PM If I Were a Bell Keith Jarrett Trio Up For It ECM (CD Feature)
10:37 PM Butch & Butch Keith Jarrett Trio Up For It ECM

10:47 PM Shadows Paul Motion I Have the Room Above Her ECM
10:48 PM Free Bop Wasilewski/Kurkiewicz/Miskiewicz Trio ECM
10:51 PM Last Minute Man Dave Holland Big Band Overtime Dare2/Sunnyside

11:04 PM My Funny Valentine Keith Jarrett Trio Up For It ECM
11:15 PM Scrapple From the Apple Keith Jarrett Trio Up For It ECM

11:26 PM Blue in Green Ali Ryerson In Her Own Sweet Way Concord Jazz (Artist in Residence/UMass)
11:33 PM Piano Tune Turner/Ballard/Grenadier Fly Savoy Jazz
11:36 PM If I Should Lose You Kurt Rosenwinkel Deep Song Verve

11:42 PM Someday My Prince Will Come Keith Jarrett Trio Up For It ECM
11:51 PM "Two Degrees East, Three Degrees West" Keith Jarrett Trio Up For It ECM

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR