[JPL] WEMU Top 25 Cuban/Brazilian 2/21-27/05

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Tue Mar 1 16:40:24 EST 2005

Here are the 25 most-played Latin jazz, Afro-Cuban,
Brazilian, Caribbean, African and world music CDs on
89.1 from February 21st through the 27th, 2005.  The
number in parentheses tells you how many times we
played a disc.

1   Carlos "Patato" Valdes/El Hombre/Mambo Maniacs (5)
2   Damjan Krajacic/In Retrospect/RoundTone (4)
3   Paula Morelenbaum/Berimbaum/Universal Music
Brazil (3)
4   Jim Seeley-Arturo O'Farrill/Jim Seeley And
Arturo O'Farrill Quintet/Zoho (3)
5   Benny Velarde Y Super Combo/Viva Velarde/Hopping
Mad (3)
6   Ana Moura/Keep My Life In Your Hands/World
Village (3)
7   Dafnis Prieto/About The Monks/Zoho (2)
8   Tatiana Libertad/Negro Color/World Village Music (2)
9   George Delgado/Mi Ritmo/Llego (2)
10  Manuel Guijario Mirabel/Buena Vista Social Club
Presents/Nonesuch (2)
11  Chango Spasiuk/Sounds From The Red Land/Piranha (2)
12  Caribbean Jazz Project/Live-Here And Now/Concord (2)
13  Alon Yavnai Trio/Picture This/alonyavnai.com (2)
14  Various Artists/Acoustic Brazil/Putumayo (2)
15  Bossacucanova/Una Batide Diferente/Six Degrees (1)
16  Osdalgia/Sueman Los Cueros/Lusafrica (1)
17  Kokopelli Latin Jazz Ensemble/La Luz
Eterna/kokopelli.com (1)
18  Monica Salmaso/Iaia/World Village (1)
19  Poncho Sanchez/Poncho At Montreux/Silverline (1)
20  Hilario Duran/New Danzon/Alma (1)
21  Jesse Marquez/Sana Locura/sanalocura.com (1)
22  Tete Alhinho/Voz/World Connection
23  Sergent Garcia/La Semilla Escondida/EMI
24  Son Cafe/Bilando Con/BKS (1)
25  Ed Calle/Plays Santana/Pimienta (1)

This list reflects airplay on "Cuban Fantasy",
"Brazilian Sol" and all 89.1 Jazz shows.  We blend
Latin jazz into our regular programs for a little
hot spice.

"Cuban Fantasy" with Marc Taras airs from 7 to 9PM
Mondays followed by "Brazilian Sol" with Mary
Catherine Smith from 9 to 11PM.

If you would like to send CDs to the individual
hosts, you are welcome to do so, but please remember
to send one to the music director for our library.
All hosts need to review your music for airplay.

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
PO Box 980350
Ypsilanti, MI 48198-0350

Thanks for the gorgeous music to share with
appreciative listeners!

Linda

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director