[JPL] Chuchito Valdés Sextet: live on KUVO.org

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Tue Mar 1 16:47:21 EST 2005

The Chuchito Valdés Sextet will play live at the Oasis Performance Studio at
Jazz89-KUVO on Saturday March 5th  at 2pm-MTN time. We will be in our 10th
day of our Winter Membership Drive. The group plays Aspen in the Rockies the
night before and on that same Saturday night play the Boulder Theatre. The
ensemble has played Denver and the Rockies 4 times over the past 2 years and
have developed quite a following.

Jesús "Chuchito" Valdés(Jr.) is the son of Chucho Valdés and the grandson of
Bebo Valdés. The group has released their 3rd recording on the J&N/Sony
Music label titled "Herencia", (Inheritance or Heritage). Saxist Laskar
Reese is the leader of the group based out of Chicago although Chuchito
lives in Cancún, México.

Log on to www.kuvo.org to hear the band play live. This is another in the
on-going series of live performances in celebration of KUVO's 20th
anniversary.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, Jazz 89-KUVO
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station