[JPL] Bad Plus - what I did NOT say

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Tue Mar 1 17:08:54 EST 2005

Mark,

Thanks for your response.  Upon re-reading your original post, although the
implication was there that at least some programmers might be catering to a
more commercial sound by playing The Bad Plus (for example), I realize that
you did not mean all of us.  It was my mistake, in my response, when I said
that you implied that "any programmer who decides to play The Bad Plus...",
while clearly you were making allowances (particularly in your follow-up
message) for those of us who truly dig what this band is doing and consider
it to be progressive, original and masterfully played.

Thanks again for your thoughtful response to my response, apology accepted
(but not necessary!) and my apologies to you for misinterpreting (and
misquoting) your original remarks.

Glad we cleared the air!

Cheers,

Brad

Dr. Brad Stone
Music Director (Jazz, Blues, World Music)
and Faculty Advisor
KSJS-FM
1 Washington Square
San Jose State University
San Jose, CA   95192-0094
www.ksjs.org

Home Office:
P.O.B. 720397
San Jose, CA   95172-0397
Music Calls: Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., PT
(408) 848-6266
bstone at science.sjsu.edu