[JPL] THE NEXT JAZZ AMERICA ON VOA

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 2 08:56:03 EST 2005

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before!

JAZZ AMERICA is now heard not only on the entertainment service MusicMix,  but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net to get more information including when it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

Also…please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or inquires you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #589…5-6 MARCH, 2005
DAFNIS PRIETO-about the monks (about the monks)
DEE DEE BRIDGEWATER- how high the moon (for ella)
*Roy Hargrove Interview
ROY HARGROVE-strength (strength)
OSCAR PETERSON-bag’s groove (live at the town hall)
U-STREET ALL STARS-super treat (bowling)
NINA SIMONE-sing just to know I’m alive (fodder on my wings)
*Roy Hargrove Interview
ROY HARGROVE-rich man’s welfare (strength)
HERBIE HANCOCK-dolphin dance (1965)

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #580…5-6 MARCH, 2005
DEFRANCESCO & SMITH-back at the chicken shack (legacy)
LEA DELARIA-dancing barefoot (double standards)
*Roy Hargrove Interview
ROY HARGROVE-bop drop (strength)
BENNY CARTER-prelude to a kiss (elegy in blue)
JONI MITCHELL-comes love (both sides now)
*Roy Hargrove Interview
ROY HARGROVE-listen here (strength)
DAVE BRUBECK-tokyo traffic (jazz impressions of japan)

SHOW #591-592…12-13 MARCH, 2005
Featured Artist…WYNTON MARSALIS
New releases…”Unforgivable Blackness” &
“A Love Supreme” with Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra