[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 3/6

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Thu Mar 3 10:28:04 EST 2005

Here’s this week’s playlist for Jazz All Night on WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                  Recording Title
Label
12:00Mid
Jimmy Smith            Step Right Up                Bashin’
Verve
Dan Haerle                All Blues                  Standard Procedure
BluJazz
Rich Walker               Solar             East Coast Standards Time
Altru Music
Wayne Shorter            Nefertiti                  Footprints
Columbia
Abbey Lincoln   Happiness is a Thing Called Joe     Harold Arlen
Concord
Wes Montgomery      One for My Baby
“                       Concord
Michel Camilo             Reflections                  Solo
Telarc

1:00AM
Jimmy Smith           Back at the Chicken Shack       (same)
Blue Note
Dave Frishberg   I Want to be a Sideman      Do You Miss New York?    Arbors
Dave Frishberg        Heart’s Desire
“                                  “
Bettina Devin          You’re the Dangerous Type      Dangerous Type      NA
Kevin Mahogany          Centerpiece                      Big Band
Mahogany
George Russell             Manhattan                        New York NY
Impulse
Lincoln Center Jazz Orch      Psalm                      A Love Supreme
Palmetto

2:00AM
Jimmy Smith              The Sermon                      (same)
Blue Note
Ravi Coltrane              Coincide                            In Flux
Savoy
Joe Lovano et al          One in Three        I Have the Room Above Her
ECM
Enrico Pieranunzi        Anecdote                       Doorways
CAM
Chris Potter                What You Wish                   Lift
Sunnyside

3:00AM
Jimmy Smith-Joey deFrancesco        Legacy        (same)
Concord
Dave Holland            Bring it On                         Overtime
Dare2
Geir Lysne                   PT 1                                 Korall
ACT
Bob Mintzer          Who’s Walkin’ Who?          Live at MCG
MCG
Dave Douglas et al    Retracing 2                     Bow River Falls
Premonition
Dave Douglas           A Nasty Spill                   Mountain Passages
Greenleaf

4:00AM
Jimmy Smith-Joey deFrancesco   Got My Mojo Workin’      Legacy
Concord
Deep Blue Organ Trio      Light My Fire          Deep Blue Bruise
Delmark
Maria Marquez          Besame Mucho          Princesa de la Naturaleza
Adventure
Luciana Souza           We are Many                       Neruda
Sunnyside
Marlon Simon        Humble and Innocent       Live in La Paz
Intrigue
Patricia Barber            Witchcraft                 A Fortnight in France
Blue Note

5:00AM
Jimmy Smith-Joey deFrancesco  Back at the Chicken Shack   Legacy
Concord
Mark Murphy            Farmer’s Market              Bop for Miles
High Note
Julie Mahendran        Freddie Freeloader    Never Do Without you
HTA
Mel Torme-Gerry Mulligan-George Shearing     Blues in the Night

Classic Concert                   Concord
McCoy Tyner           New Orleans Stomp             Illuminations
Telarc
Ken Peplowski             Restless                         Easy to Remember
Nagel Heyer
Eric Alexander        A Few Miles from Memphis      Dead Center
High Note

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>

WCLV