[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Playlist 03/04/05

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Fri Mar 4 23:56:15 EST 2005

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, March 4, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

TWO'S COMPANY - VOCAL DUETS in JAZZ

7:00pm
THEME: The Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

7:04pm
Sarah Vaughan - Billy Eckstine: Always; Dedicted To You; Everyday I Fall in
Love; I Love You,
Everything I Have Is Yours (Verve)

7:18pm
Carman McRae - Betty Carter: Isn't It Romantic; Sophisticated Lady; It Don't
Mean A Thing..., The Duets (Verve)
Jeanne Lee - Sheila Jordan; Jane Bunnett: The Water Is Wide,
The Water Is Wide (Evidence)

7:42pm
Helen Merrill - Red Mitchell: Some Of these Days,
Clear Out of This World (Antilles)
Nellie Lutcher - Nat Cole: For You My Love, Jump 'n Jive (Aladdin)
Anita O'Day - Roy Eldridge: Let Me Off Uptown,
Roy Eldridge: Little Jazz (Verve)

Ruth Brown - Johnny Adams: I Don't Know,
Johnyy Adams:There is Always One More Time (Rounder)

8:01pm
Etta James -Eddie Cleanhead Vinson: Teach Me Tonight,
The Late Show (Fantasy)
Jackie Cain -Roy Krall: Ever Lovin' Blues,
Voices of Cool, Volume 1 (Atlantic)
Bob Dorough - Dave Frishberg: Where You At; I'm Hip,
Who's On First (Blue Note)

8:22pm
Ray Charles - Betty Carter: Baby, It's Cold Outside,
Ray Charles - Betty Carter (ABC Paramount / Rhino)
Louis Armstrong - Velma Middleton: Baby, It's Cold Outside,
The California Concerts (Decca/GRP)
Hot Lips Page - Pearl Bailey: Baby, It's Cold Outside,
Hot Lips Page: Jump For Joy (Columbia)
Ella Fitzgerald - Louis Jordan: Baby, It's Cold Outside,
Ella And Friends (Decca/GRP)

8:40pm
Mark Murphy - Sheila Jordan: The Bird/Embraceable You,
Mark Murphy:Jazz Standards (32 Jazz)
Mark Murphy- Sheila Jordan: The Best Thing For You,
Mark Murphy: Songbook (32 Jazz)
Sheila Jordan - Theo Blackman: Everytime We Say Goodbye/For All We Know,
Jazz Child (HighNote)

9:02pm
Dianne Reeves - Germaine Bazzle: Side by Side,
The Grand Encounter (Blue Note)
Dianne Reeves - Joe Williams: We Were In Love,
Benny Carter Songbook (MusicMasters)
Joe Williams - Sarah Vaughan: Teach Me Tonight,
Sarah Vaughan: Jazz Profile (Blue Note)

9:19pm
Joe Williams - Marlena Shaw: Is You Is or Is You Ain't,
Joe Williams: Every Day (Verve)
Joe Williams - Shirley Horn: Too Good To Be True,
Joe Williams: Every Day (Verve)
Joe Williams - Ella Fitzgerald: Party Blues,
Joe Williams: Every Day (Verve)

9:35pm
Louis Armstrong - Ella Fitzgerald: It Ain't Necessarily So,
Porgy and Bess (Verve)
Mel Torme - Francis Faye: Bess, You is My Woman,
Porgy and Bess (Bethleham)
Ray Charles - Cleo Laine: Summertime,
Porgy and Bess (Counterpoint)

10:05pm
Jon Hendricks; Al Jarreau; Bobby McFerrin; George Benson:
Freddie Freeloader, Freddie Freeloader (Denon)
King Pleasure - Jon Hendricks: Don't Get Scared,
King Pleasure Sings (Prestige)
Jon Hendricks - Pony Poindexter: Minor Catastrophe,
A Good Git-Together (Pacific Jazz / Lonehill)

10:27pm
Jon Hendricks - Wynton Marsalis: Everybody's Boppin',
Boppin' at The Blue Note (Telarc)
Kurt Elling - Jon Hendricks: Goin' To chicago, Live in Chicago (Blue Note)
Kurt Elling - Cassandra Wilson: Time of The Season,
The Messenger (Blue Note)

10:49pm
Carol Sloane - Clark Terry: I Won't Dance,
The Songs Ella and Louis Sang (Concord)
Carol Sloane - Grady Tate: Makin' Whoopee/Glory of Love,
The Real Thing (Contemporary)
Karrin Allyson - Bryan Hicks: Line for Lyons,
I Didn't Know About You (Concord)
Jeri Brown - Leon Thomas: Blue Skies; In Walked Bud; it Don't Mean A Thing,
Zaius (Justin Time)

11:12pm
Dinah Washington - Brook Benton: Baby, You Got What It Takes,
The Dinah Washington Story (Verve)
King Pleasure - Blossom Dearie: I'm In The Mood for Love,
The Bebop Singers (Prestige)
Rosanne Vitro - Kevin Mahogany: Blue Monk, Passion Dance (Telarc)
Kevin Mahogany - Jeannie Bryson: Baby, You Got What It Takes,
You Got What It Takes (Enja)

11:29pm
Ray Charles - Betty Carter: Every Time We Say Goodbye; Goodbye/We'll Be
Together Again; Cocktails for Two; For All We Know,
Ray Charles and Betty Carter (ABC Paramount/Rhino)

11:45pm
Ella Fitzgerald - Louis Armstrong: Tenderly; I've Got My Love to Keep Me
Warm,
Ella and Louis Again (Verve)
Louis Armstrong - Billie Holiday: You Can't Lose A Broken Heart,
LouisArmstrong: Highlights from His Decca Years (Decca/GRP)

11:57pm
Billy Eckstine - Sarah Vaughan: Passing Strangers,
Everything I Have Is Yours (Verve)

-END-