[JPL] Song for My Father, 1st vocal version

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Sat Mar 5 18:15:21 EST 2005

A listener called in asking us to play what he referred to as the first
vocal version of Horace Silver's "Song For My Father". He informed us that
at the same time the Ble Note Lp was released, the one with Horace's dad on
the cover, Blue Note records issued a 45rpm single vocal version of the song
with Bill Henderson singing. I did a AMG search and came up empty. Does
anyone know if the listener's account is accurate? I could not find any
reference to a Bill Henderson vocal version of Song for my Father.

Thanks in advance.
Arturo Gómez
Jazz 89 KUVO, Denver
Celebrating 20 years of Public Radio