[JPL] WWSP Jazzweek Playlist

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 12:02:22 EST 2005

JAZZWEEK REPORT for week of 3/6/05

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 watts

Jazz programming 23 Hours
Mon. - Thurs. 6pm to 10pm
Fri.              10pm to  2am
Sun.             12pm to 3pm

Russ Haines Jazz Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Phone: 715 - 346 - 3755 (Central Time)

4 or more SPINS

4 Howard Alden/Dan Barrett Quintet - Live in'95 - Arbors
4 Grazyna Augucik - The Light - GMA Records
4 Zach Brock - Chemistry - Secret Fort Records
4 Jim Cifelli - Groove Station - Short Notice Music
5 Avishai Cohen - At Home - Raz Daz Records / Sunnyside
5 Ravi Coltrane - In Flux - Savoy Jazz
5 Joey DeFrancesco With Jimmy Smith - Legacy - Concord
5 Fred Hersch Ensemble - Leaves Of Grass - Palmetto
5 Dave Holland Big Band - Overtime - Sunnyside
4 Kyle Hollingsworth - Never Odd Or Even - Sci Fidelity
4 Birelli Lagrene - Move - Dreyfus Jazz
4 Kevin Mahogany - Big Band - Lightyear
4 Pat Metheny Group - The Way Up - Nonesuch
4 Grachan Moncur III Octet - Exploration - Capri Records
5 David 'Fathead' Newman - I Remember Brother Ray - HighNote
4 Avery Sharpe Trio - Dragon Fly - JKNM Records
4 Various - Harold Arlen Centennial Celebration - Concord
4 Johnny Varro Trio - Pure Imagination - Arbors
4 Harry Watters Quartet - Out Of A Dream - Summit
4 Kenny Wheeler & John Taylor - Where Do We Go From Here? - CAM Jazz
4 Abram Wilson - Jazz Warrior - Dune
4 Chris Winters - Impressions - BluJazz

2 - 3 SPINS

2 Jeff Baker - Monologue - OA2
3 Denys Baptiste - Let Freedom Ring - Dune
2 Opie Bellas - Faces - Bella Blue
2 Jeff Berlin - Lumpy Jazz - M.A.J. Records
2 Salvatore Bonafede - Journey To Donnafugata - CAM Jazz
3 Corey Christiansen Quartet - Awakening - Mel Bay
3 Collier & Dean - Duets - Origin
2 Stefano di Battista - Parkers Mood - Blue Note
2 Dave Douglas - Mountain Passages - Greenleaf Music
2 Martin Eagle - A Welcoming Beauty - Hawksnest Music
3 Onaje Allan Gumbs - Remember their Innocence - Ejano Music
3 Rigmor Gustafsson & The Jacky Terrasson Trio - Close To You - ACT
3 Michael Hackett - Circles - Summit
2 Dan Haerle - Standard Procedure - Blu Jazz
2 Donald Harrison - Free Style - Nagel Heyer
3 Randy Johnston - Is It You? - HighNote
2 Lower Monumental - Mayday Session - Origin
3 Sylvain Luc - Ambre - Dreyfus Jazz
2 Jason Moran - Same Mother - Blue Note
2 Will Martin - Morning - Saguaro Beach Records
3 Thomas Marriott - Individuation - Origin
2 Monk's Music Trio - Think Of One - CMB Records
2 Jim Pearce - Washington Square Park - Oak Avenue
2 Dafnis Prieto - About The Monks - zoho
2 Claudio Roditi - Light In The Dark - Nagel Heyer
3 Kurt Rosenwinkel - Deep Song - Verve
2 Rebecca Sayre - This Is Always - Becca Records
3 Tomo - Selftitled - Torii Records
3 Two Siberians - Out Of Nowhere - Heads Up
2 Wesla Whitfield - In My Life - HighNote

1 SPIN

1 Bruce Arnold/Oliver Ker Ourio - Duets - MUSE EEK
1 Bruce Arnold/Mike Miller - Two Guys From South Dakota - MUSE EEK
1 Bill Connors - Return - Tone Center
1 Lars Danielsson - Libera Me - ACT
1 Roger Kellaway - I Was There - IPO
1 Charles McPherson - A Tribute To Charlie Parker - Clarion Jazz
1 Nojo With Sam Rivers - City Of Neighbourhoods - True North Records
1 Scott Whitfield - Jazz Orchestra West - The Minute Game - Summit
1 Dave Wilson Quartet - Through the Time - Dreamscape Records

ADDS WEEK OF 3/6/05

Ruby Braff - You Brought A New Kind Of Love - Arbors
Dale Fielder Quartet - Baritone Sunride - Clarion Jazz
Amina Figarova - Come Escape With Me - Munich Records
Roderick Harper - The Essence Of... - RHM
Ron Kalina - Getting My Axes Together - Kalinor Music
Los Hombres Calientes - Vol. 5 Carnival - Basin Street records
Nicole Margaret Mitchell & Black Earth Ensemble - Hope, Future & Destiny -
Dreamtime Records
Dan Nadel - Brooklyn Prayer - Nadelmusic
Tommy Newsom & His Octopussycats - Selftitled - Arbors
Sakesho - We want You To Say - Heads Up
Triplicate - Day & Age - Rhythmelodic Records
Belinda Underwood - Uncurling - Cosmik Muse Records
Various Artists - One More Music Of Thad Jones - IPO
Steve Venz - Scoop - DAAL Jazz
Phil Woods - Groovin' To Marty Paich - Jazzed Media

All discs chart for 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality discs that we receive. Thanks for your support.

Russ