[JPL] Song for My Father, 1st vocal version

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Mon Mar 7 07:09:02 EST 2005

Arturo:

I have the CD by Horace Silver, "6 Pieces of Silver" that has Bill Henderson
singing "Senor Blues."

Maybe your listener is confusing that song with "Song for My Father"

Also, I've checked the Cuscuna/Ruppli Blue Note Discography and they show no
vocal version of "Father" done at that session

I do know that "Song For my Father" was issued as a 45, Parts 1 and 2 (the
song was too long to fit on one side of a 45).

I hope this is a help

One the subject of Bill Henderson, he'll be turning 75 in a couple of weeks
(b. 3/19/1930). I"ll be featuring his music on Jazz from Studio Four on
March 18th, Friday night. Tune in/log on if you can. Seven pm-midnight. He's
GREAT!!!

Steve Schwartz
Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, 7p-midnight