[JPL] playlist: Modern Jazz Classics

Bob Stockton drbob456 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 11:47:04 EST 2005

Modern Jazz Classics is heard each week on six affiliate stations that reach
an audience potential of more than 1.4 million listeners.

PLaylist MJC-114

Theme: Wes Montgomery - On Green Dolphin Street

Sonny Stitt / Parker's Mood / Stitt Plays Bird / Atlantic Jazz
Count Basie-Sammy Davis / You're Nobody 'Till Somebody Loves You / Our
Shining Hour / Verve
Marty Paich Big Band / Moanin' / Moanin' / Discovery
Red Garland quintet / Soul Junction / the Best Of The Red Garland Quintets /
Prestige
Sonny Stitt / Koko / Stitt Plays Bird / Atlantic Jazz
Belinda Underwood / How Deep Is The Ocean / Underwood Uncurling / Artist
Produced
Oscar Peterson / D. & E. / We Get Requests / Verve
Jay Klum / Alone Together / Home Cookin' / Alltribe Records
Charlie Byrd / Ho Ba La La / Bossa Nova Pelos Passaros / Riverside

Top of hour sweep - Russell Malone - Sweet Georgia Peach

Sonny Stitt / Hootie Blues / Stitt Plays Bird / Atlantic Jazz
Bill Charlap / I'll Never Go There Anymore / Written In the Stars / Blue
Note
Vault Selection: Lester Young / Basie English / The Immortal Lester Young /
Savoy Jazz / 1944
Randy Caldwell / In Your Own Backyard / Front / LooseLeaf Records
Chris Walden Big Band / You Took Advantage Of Me / Home Of My Heart / Origin
Stan Getz / O Grande Amor / Compact Jazz / Verve
Sonny Stitt / Confirmation / Stitt Plays Bird / Atlantic Jazz
East Coast / Nature Boy / Standards Time / Altru Music
Ella Fitzgerald / Sweet Georgia Brown / Whisper Not / Verve
Phil Woods / All Bird's Children / Into The Woods / Concord
Frank Rosolino / Love For Sale / Free For All / Specialty OJC

Top of hour sweep and sign off - Clifford Brown - Stockholm Sweetnin'

Bob ("Dr. Bob") Stockton, Host/Producer
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island

3956 Arbor Lake Circle
Jacksonville, Fl. 32225-1681