[JPL] Song for My father follow up

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Tue Mar 8 13:09:40 EST 2005

Thanks to all who responded in the forum about the supposedly 1st vocal
version of "Song For My Father" aka "Cantiga Para Meu Pai" by Bill
Henderson. The listener called again to see if I had found the version, I
informed him he had made an error and it was actually Señor Blues that Bill
had sung and Blue Note issued a 45rpm of. Immediately he realized his
mistake and said the years had clouded his memory.

I would like to publicly thank prog list member Aaron Fensterheim for his
private reply with amazing details about the recording.  Horacio Tavares
Ward da Silva is severely overlooked as a lyricist, even his "instrumental"
compositions often have lyrics written, just in case.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, Jazz 89-KUVO
The Oasis In The City
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station