[JPL] Fw: WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, March 8, 2005

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Wed Mar 9 01:38:50 EST 2005

WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, March 8, 2005 )Fund Drive edition);
International Women's Day;
George Coleman's 70th birthday

8:00 PM The Lady Who Swings the Band Mary Lou Williams Key Moments Topaz Jazz

8:03 PM City Lights Lee Morgan Complete Fifties Blue Note Sessions Mosaic (featuring George Coleman)

8:15 PM Fever Peggy Lee Spotlight on Peggy Lee Capitol
8:19 PM The Frim Fram Sauce Diana Krall All for You Impulse

8:30 PM Old Devil Moon Clair Daly Heaven Help Us All Daly Bread Records
8:36 PM Avila and Tequila Ingrid Jensen Here on Earth Enja

8:45 PM What's Your Story Morning Glory Ella Fitzgerald Ella Swings Lightly Verve
8:48 PM Easy Blues Marian McPartland Plays the Music of Mary Lou Williams Concord Jazz
8:51 PM Jazz Ain't Nothin' But Soul Betty Carter I Can't Help It Impulse

9:00 PM Dolphin Dance Herbie Hancock Maiden Voyage Blue Note (featuring George Coleman)

9:15 PM Lady Be Good Mary Lou Williams 1944-1945 Classics
9:18 PM They Can't Take That Away From Me Barbara Carroll/Mary Lou Williams Ladies of Jazz Koch Jazz
9:21 PM I Got Rhythm Susannah McCorkle Someone to Watch Over Me Concord Jazz

9:30 PM Joshua Miles Davis Seven Steps Columbia (featuring George Coleman)
9:36 PM Cut Plug Chet Baker On a Misty Night Prestige (featuring George Coleman)

9:45 PM I Can't Give You Anything But Love Ethel Waters 1931-1934 Classics
9:48 PM I Can't Believe That You're in Love With Me Billie Holiday Lady Day Columbia
9:51 PM What a Difference a Day Made Dinah Washington Jazz Masters 19 Verve

10:01 PM They Say It's Wonderful George Coleman Live at Yoshi's Evidence (born 3/8/35)
10:12 PM Good Morning Heartache George Coleman Live at Yoshi's Evidence

10:23 PM Bud Powell Five Play Five Play.Plus Arbors
10:29 PM Celia Toshiko Akiyoshi Remembering Bud Evidence
10:36 PM Dance of the Infidels Geri Allen The Life of a Song Telarc

10:43 PM Laig Gobblin' Blues George Coleman Live at Yoshi's Evidence
10:47 PM IO George Coleman Live at Yoshi's Evidence
10:54 PM Up Jumped Spring George Coleman Live at Yoshi's Evidence

11:08 PM Introspection/Thelonious Geri Allen 21 Blue Note
11:12 PM Bye Ya Lynne Arriale A Long Road Home TCB
11:19 PM Bemsha Swing Marian McPartland Live at Yoshi's Nitespot Concord Jazz
11:25 PM Misterioso Regina Carter & Kenny Barron Freefall Verve

11:35 PM Father George Coleman Live at Yoshi's Evidence
11:42 PM Soul Eyes George Coleman Live at Yoshi's Evidence

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR