[JPL] WEMU Top 25 Blues 2/28-3/6/05

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Wed Mar 9 14:24:47 EST 2005

Hello! Here are the 25 most-played new and reissued
blues CDs on 89.1 from February 28th through March
6th 2005. The number in the parentheses tells you
how many times we played a disc.

1.	Memphis Slim/ Paris Mississippi Blues/ Sunnyside (5)
2.	Solomon Burke/ Make Do With What You Got/Shout
Factory (4)
3.	Jay Geils/ Jay Geils Plays Jazz!/ Stony Plain (4)
4.	Sue Foley/ Changes/ Justin Time (4)
5.	Roomful Of Blues/ Standing Room Only/ Alligator (4)
6.	Dave Specter & Steve Freund/ Is What It Is/
Delmark  (3)
7.	Chainsaw Dupont/ Bourbon Street Breakdown/ Blues
Warrior (3)
8.	Ron Levy’s Wild Kingdom/ Voodoo Boogaloo/
Levtronic (3)
9.	Sugar Ray Norcia/ Hands Across The Table/ Severn (3)
10.	Ann Rabson/ In A Family Way/ Emit Doug Music (3)
11.	Ronnie Earl & Duke Robillard/ The Duke Meets
Earl/ Stony Plain (2)
12.	Detroit Jr./ Blues On The Internet/ Delmark (2)
13.	Sonny Landreth/ Grant Street/ Sugar Hill (2)
14.	Roscoe Gordon/ No Dark In America/ Skuntry (2)
15.	John Hammond/ In Your Arms Again/ Back Porch (2)
16.	Rory Block/ From The Dust/ Telarc (2)
17.	Various Artists/ Goin’ Down South/ Inside Sounds (2)
18.	Down Home Super Trio/ In The House/ Cross-Cut (1)
19.	Elmore James/ Best Of The Modern Years/ Metro
Blue (1)
20.	Studebaker John & The Hawks/ Between Life And
Death/ Avanti (1)
21.	Carlos Johnson/ In And Out/ Mister Kelly’s (1)
22.	Bernard Allison/ Higher Power/ Ruf Records (1)
23.	Al Basile/ Blue Ink/ Sweet Spot (1)
24.	Charlie Musselwhite/ Deluxe Edition/ Alligator (1)
25.	Johnny Nicholas/ Thrill On The Hill/ Top Cat (1)

This list reflects airplay on WEMU’s special blues
shows: “Big City Blues Cruise”, “The Blues And Some
Other Stuff”, “Blues On The Mellow Side”, and all
89.1 Jazz shows. We blend blues into our jazz shows
to make sure that we’re soulfully rooted in great
American Music.

Joe Tiboni hosts the “Big City Blues Cruise” from 3
to 6 PM Sundays. “Blues And Some Other Stuff” with
Michael Jewett airs from 7 to 10PM Sundays followed
by Doug Cameron’s “Blues On The Mellow Side” from
10PM to 1AM.

If you would like to send music to the show hosts,
you are welcome to do so, but we also require a copy
sent to the attention of the music director for our
library. All hosts need a chance to review your
music for airplay.

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director