[JPL] NEXT WEEK ON XM's MODERN JAZZ CHANNEL...BEYOND JAZZ

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 11 09:07:19 EST 2005

XM 72...BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (14-20 March 05)

This Monday, March 14th, we'll present another edition of our feature...MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of the music of PAT METHENY! We'll hear his solo work, his work with The Pat Metheny Group, his collaborations with artists like Jaco Pastorius, Ornette Coleman, Gary Burton, John Scofield and more, all interspersed with some of Pat's own words to shed light on his wonderful career. Listen Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a reply Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It's MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! featuring an hour of the music of PAT METHENY! on Beyond Jazz.

This week it's CHARLIE HUNTER LIVE IN PHILLY!... on WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 8 PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we'll feature master of the 8-string guitar, the great Charlie Hunter in a quintet setting live in Philadelphia in the concert that created his new DVD "Right Now Live." It's CHARLIE HUNTER LIVE IN PHILLY! on this weeks addition of WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S!

IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. Each hour beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you'll hear a classic fusion piece and get the mojo behind this controversial era in jazz history. IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION! on XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

On Saturday, March 19th, Beyond Jazz presents another edition of "WORDS & MUSIC," this one titled "PAT METHENY: "THE WAY UP" REVISITED!"  Join Russ Davis  as we spend the day talking to PAT METHENY as we get more in-depth information on the newest and most ambitious project the Pat Metheny Group has ever undertaken, their chart-topping, 68-minute masterpiece "The Way Up."  If you missed Pat's comments on our recent World Premier or if you just want to know more about this great work, this is a special not to be missed. Interview segments followed by music air each hour beginning at Noon and lasting through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific). It's "PAT METHENY: "THE WAY UP" REVISITED!" on this Saturday's "WORDS & MUSIC!"

Every Sunday it's the EMAIL REPLY HOUR...from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by playing requested songs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com .

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
(((XM))) Satellite Radio