[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 3/11/05

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Mar 12 00:27:05 EST 2005

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, March 11, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

About this broadcast

CHARLES LLOYD (b. 3/15/1938) - ROY HAYNES (b. 3/15/1925)

7:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

7:05pm
RECORDED 53 YEARS AGO TODAY MARCH 11, 1952
Stan Getz: Where or When; Tabu; Jaguar; Moonlight in Vermont,
Stan Getz: Complete Roost Recordings (Roost)

7:20pm
CELEBRATING ROY HAYNES (b. 3/13/1925);
Stan Getz w. Roy Haynes: Where Or When,
Stan Getz: The Complete Roost Recordings (Roost)
Roy Haynes Trio; w. Phineas Newborn: Sugar Ray, We Three (Prestige)
Gary Burton w. Roy Haynes: Questions and Answers, Like Minds (Concord)
Roy Haynes: Barbados, Birds of A Feather (Dreyfus)

7:45pm
Roy Haynes: Green Chimneys, Homecoming (Evidence)
Roy Haynes: Laffin and Crying, Transatlantic Meetings (Vogue)

SPECIAL FEATURE: Charles Lloyd (b. 3/15/1938): Forest Flower,
Discovery! (Columbia LP)

8:01pm
Chico Hamilton: Don't Get Lost, Chico Hamilton Special (Columbia LP)
Charles Lloyd: To C.L., Acoustic Masters (Atlantic)

8:26pm
Charles Lloyd: The Monk and The Mermaid, The Water is Wide (ECM)
Mark Isham - Charles Lloyd: Yeses, Noes and In-Betweens,
Music from Afterglow (Columbia)
Charles Lloyd: Little Peace, All My Relations (ECM)

8:50pm
Cannonball Adderley: Fiddler On The Roof, Fiddler On The Roof (Capitol)
Cannonball Adderley: Work Song, Radio Nights (Hyena Records)

9:12pm
Charles Lloyd: The Best Thing for You; The Things We Did Last Summer,
Of Course, Of Course (Columbia LP)
Charles Lloyd: Sombrero Sam, Forest Flower/Soundtrack (Atlantic/Rhino)

9:38pm
Charles Lloyd; w. Michel Petrucciani: El Encanto,
A Night in Copenhagen (Blue Note)
Charles Lloyd: How Can I Tell You, Canto (ECM)
Charles Lloyd: Dancing Waters, Big Sur to Bahia, Hyperion With Higgins (ECM)
Charles Lloyd: Lift Every Voice and Sing, Lift Every Voice (ECM)

CELEBRATING ROY HAYNES Continued (b. 3/13/1925)
10:03pm
Roy Haynes: Snap Crackle; Moon Ray, Out of the Afternoon (Impulse)
Eric Dolphy: Green Dolphin Street, Outward Bound (New Jazz)

10:27pm
Charlie Parker: Ornithology, Boston 1952 (Uptown)
Lester Young: Crazy Over JZ, 1936-1941 Small Group Sessions (Blue Moon)
Fats Navarro, Sonny Rollins, Bud Powell: Bouncing with Bud,
The Complete Fats Navarro (Blue Note)
Roy Haynes: My Little Suede Shoes, Praise (Dreyfus)

10:48pm
Roy Haynes: Trinkle Tinkle, Live at Newport Jazz Fetival 2001
(Only on 89.7FM)
Thelonious Monk: Blue Monk, In Action at The Five Spot (Riverside)

11:08pm
John Coltrane: Dear Lord, Dear Old Stockholm (Impulse)
Sarah Vaughan: Shulie A Bop; They Can't Take that Away from Me; If I Knew
Then What I Know Now, The Devine Miss V (Jazz World/Emarcy)
Roy Haynes: Dorian, Cracklin' (Prestige New Jazz)

11:31pm
Roy Haynes: Speak Low, Just Us (Prestige New Jazz)
Bill Pierce: Star Eyes, Equilateral (Sunnyside)
Roy Haynes Trio: It's Easy To Remember,
Trio featuring Danilo Perez and John Patitucci (Verve)

11:51pm
Oliver Nelson: Stolen Moments, The Blues and The Abstract Truth (Impulse)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.