[JPL] WNMC Friday Afternoon (mostly) Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Mar 12 10:04:00 EST 2005

                                                    WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse
City Michigan

                                                          Listen
Online:   <www.wnmc.org>
                                  37 Years of Community Public Radio for
Northwest Lower Michigan
			              650 BIG watts....we're small, but our tower is TALL

53 hours of jazz per week (with a bit of blues/folk/world-international in
the mix)  **  9 hours of blues  **  6 hours of folk  **  6 hours of
combined blues/folk/roots  **  6 hours of world/international music  **  A
2 hour weekday morning news-topical-community show  **  The best of
indie-alt rock fills out the schedule

                          Eric Hines, general manager/music director
<ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                            Thomas M "Biz" Bisard, jazz music director
<mrbiz at torchlake.com>
                               Office: (231) 995-2562         Studio
Request Line: (231) 995-1090

                   Product, Promotions, etc to:    WNMC, attn: Eric Hines,
station manager or Biz Bisard, jazz music director
				                    1701 E Front St
				                    Traverse City MI 49686

Biz <mrbiz at torchlake.com> hosting Friday March 11th 2005 Afternoon Jazz 2-5
from the oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall on the  campus of Northwestern
Michigan College

                                              [ARTIST  *  song
title  *  album title  *  (label)]

						2 PM  (This hour hosted by Eric.....I'm doing adds)
CASSANDRA WILSON  *  Melanin Song  *  Dance to the Drums Again  *  (DIW)
OZOMATLI  *  Aqui no Será  *  Music from the Chocolate Lands  *  (Putumayo)
JAMES BOOKER  *  Black Minute Waltz  *  Instruments [a
compilation]  *  (Hannibal)
						break
MONTY ALEXANDER  *  Mt. Zanda  *  Live at the Iridium  *  (TelarcJazz)
STAN GETZ  *  Budo  *  best of the Roost Years  *  (Roulette)
STEFANO DI BATISTA  *  Congo  *  Parker's Mood  *  (Blue Note/EMI)
						break
LADD MC INTOSH  *  Ill Wind  *  Temptation  *  (LEM Productions)
DENIS COLIN TRIO  *  Turkish Women at the Bath  *  Something in
Common  *  (Sunnyside)
concert promo: TONY FURTADO  *  Rove, Riley Rove  *  Bare
Bones  *  (self-produced)
KEVIN MAHOGANY  *  Centerpiece  *  Big Band  *  (Lightyear)
TINY MOORE & JETHRO BURNS  *  Back to Back  *  Back to Back  *  (Acoustic Disc)

						3 PM  (The first block hosted by Eric....I'm still at it)
DEVIL IN A WOODPILE  *  Bron-y-Aur Stomp  *  Lonesome Town  *  (Bloodshot)
RON GETZ, DON JULIN, DAVE COLLINI, & WES IVANKOVICH  *  My Summer of
'41  *  (Pygmy Twilite)
DUKE ELLINGTON  *  Snibor  *  1941-1951  *  (Giants of Jazz)
DUKE ELLINGTON  *  The C-Jam Blues  *  1941-1951  *  (Giants of Jazz)
						break
PATRICIA BARBER  *  Call Me  *  Live: A Fortnight in France  *  (Blue Note/EMI)
JEFFERSON AIRPLANE  *  Embryonic Journey  *  Surrealistic Pillow  *  (RCA)
SOLOMON BURKE  *  I Need Your Love in My Life  *  Make Do With What You
Got  *  (Shout! Factory/One)
BROTHER YUSEF  *  Got My Mojo Workin'  *  Blues by Request  *  (FattBack
Unlimited)
SUZZY & MAGGIE ROCHE  *  Who Cares  *  These Times We're Living In: A Red
House Anthology  *  (Red House)
DAVE MOORE  *  Sharks Don't Sleep  *  These Times We're Living In: A Red
House Anthology  *  (Red House)
						break
DAFNIS PRIETO  *  Tumba Francesca  *  About the Monka  *  (Zoho)
CHIARA CIVELLO  *  Sambaroma  *  Last Quarter Moon  *  (Verve Forecast/UMG)
CHIARA CIVELLO  *  Trouble  *  Last Quarter Moon  *  (Verve Forecast/UMG)
PAQUITO D'RIVERA  *  How Many in Your Party,
Please?  *  Celebration  *  (Columbia) {vinyl}

						4 PM
DAVE VALENTIN  *  Blackbird  *  Live at the Blue Note  *  (GRP) {vinyl}
THE JIM SEELEY-ARTURO O'FARRILL QUINTET  *  Cha-Cha
Un-Uh  *  self-titled  *  ( Zoho)
						break
concert promo:  EDDIE FROM OHIO  *  The Bird  *  This Is Me  *  (Virginia Soul)
concert promo:  EDDIE FROM OHIO  *  No Pain, No Problem  *  This Is
Me  *  (Virginia Soul)
SOWETO GOSPEL CHOIR  *  African Drum  *  Voices From Heaven  *  (Shanachie)
STRUNZ & FARAH  *  Matambu  *  Music From the World, vol.
1  *  (Moondo/Native Language)
						break
HOWARD ALDEN-DAN BARRETT QUINTET  *  Oriental Strut  *  Live in
'95  *  (Arbors Jazz)
PSALMTHING BLUE  *  Wildflower Blues  *  Third Inversion  *  (Fields of
Gold Publishing, Inc.)
PSALMTHING BLUE  *  Pensive Interlude  *  Third Inversion  *  (Fields of
Gold Publishing, Inc.)
PSALMTHING BLUE  *  Blues Number 40  *  Third Inversion  *  (Fields of Gold
Publishing, Inc.)
TOMMY NEWSOME & HIS OCTO-PUSSYCATS  *  Come
Sunday  *  self-titled  *  (Arbors Jazz)

						Adds:

					[ARTIST  *  Album  *  (Label)]

GRAZYNA AUGUSCIK  *  The Light  *  (GMA)
RUBY BRAFF  *  You Brought a New Kind of Love  *  (Arbors Jazz)
ZACH BROCK & THE COFFEE ACHIEVERS  *  Chemistry  *  (Secret Fort)
CONNIE EVINGSON  *  Gypsy In My Soul  *  (Minnehaha Music)
TOM GRANT  *  Nice Work if You Can Get It  *  (nu Wrinkle)
THE DAVE HOLLAND BIG BAND  *  Overtime  *  (Dare 2)
GARY LEMEL  *  The Best of Times  *  (Concord/CMG)
WYNTON MARSALIS & THE LINCOLN CENTER JAZZ ORCHESTRA  *  A Love
Supreme  *  (Palmetto)
SAM MILTICH & THE CLEARWATER HOT CLUB  *  May Rain  *  (self-produced)
NICHOLE MARGARET MITCHELL  *  Hope, Future, & Destiny  *  (Dreamtime)
TINY MOORE & JETHRO BURNS  *  Back to Back  *  (Acoustic Disc)
TOMMY NEWSOME & HIS OCTO-PUSSYCATS  *  self-titled  *  (Arbors Jazz)
THE CALVIN OWENS BLUES ORCHESTRA  *  Keeping Big Band Blues
Alive  *  (Sawdust Alley)
PSALMTHING BLUE  *  Third Inversion  *  (Fields of Gold Publishing Company,
Inc.)
KURT ROSENWINKLE  *  Deep Song  *  (Verve/UMG)
SAKÉSHO  *  We Want You to Say  *  (Heads Up)
VARIOUS ARTISTS  *  The Milt Gabler Story  *  (Verve/UMG)
THE CHRIS WALDEN  BIG BAND  *  Home of My Heart  *  (Origin)
PHIL WOODS  *  Groovin' to Marty Paich  *  (Jazzed Media)

						Archives:

				       [ARTIST  *  Album  *  (Label)]

THE SHERYL BAILEY 3  *  Bull's Eye!  *  (Pure Music)
CARLA BLEY, ANDY SHEPPARD, STEVE SWALLOW, & BILLY DRUMMOND  *  The Lost
Chords  *  (WATT/ECM)
JANE BUNNETT  *  Red Dragonfly (aka Tombo)  *  (NaradaJazz/ECM)
JOHN COLTRANE  *  best of  *  (Prestige/CMG)
THE DEEP BLUE ORGAN TRIO  *  Deep Blue Bruise  *  (Delmark)
ELIANE ELIAS  *  Dreamer  *  (Bluebird)
THE MIKE FROST PROJECT  *  Nothing Smooth About It  *  (Blujazz)
DON GRUSIN  *  The Hang  *  (Sovereign Artists)
KEITH JARRETT, GARY PEACOCK, & JACK DE JOHNETTE  *  The
Out-of-Towners  *  (ECM)                                   JAZZ JAMAICA ALL
STARS  *  Massive  *  (Dune)
SHELLY MANNE  *  best of  *  (Contemporary/CMG)
LADD MC INTOSH BIG BAND  *  Temptation  *  (LEM)
DAVID "FATHEAD" NEWMAN  *  Chillin'  *  (HighNote)
WILLIE "THE LION" SMITH & DON EWELL-CLAUDE HOPKINS-SIR CHARLES
THOMPSON  *  Grand Piano  *  (Sackville)
OMAR SOSA  *  Mulatos  *  (Tá)
BOBBY TIMMONS  *  best of  *  (Riverside/CMG)
EDDIE "CLEANHEAD" VINSON  *  Redux/Live at the Keystone Corner  *  (Savant)
JOSH WORKMAN  *  Jumpin' at the Border  *  (Tetrachord Music)