[JPL] WWSP Jazzweek Playlist

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 13 13:30:35 EST 2005

JAZZWEEK REPORT for week of 3/13/05

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 watts

Jazz programming 23 Hours
Mon. - Thurs. 6pm to 10pm
Fri.              10pm to  2am
Sun.             12pm to 3pm

Russ Haines Jazz Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Phone: 715 - 346 - 3755 (Central Time)

4 or more SPINS

4 Grazyna Augucik - The Light - GMA Records
5 Zach Brock - Chemistry - Secret Fort Records
5 Jim Cifelli - Groove Station - Short Notice Music
5 Avishai Cohen - At Home - Raz Daz Records / Sunnyside
4 Collier & Dean - Duets - Origin
5 Ravi Coltrane - In Flux - Savoy Jazz
5 Joey DeFrancesco With Jimmy Smith - Legacy - Concord
4 Rigmor Gustafsson & The Jacky Terrasson Trio - Close To You - ACT
5 Fred Hersch Ensemble - Leaves Of Grass - Palmetto
5 Dave Holland Big Band - Overtime - Sunnyside
4 Thad Jones Celebration Band - Once More Music Of Thad Jones - IPO
4 Birelli Lagrene - Move - Dreyfus Jazz
4 Los Hombres Calientes - Vol. 5 Carnival - Basin Street Records
4 Kevin Mahogany - Big Band - Lightyear
4 Pat Metheny Group - The Way Up - Nonesuch
4 Grachan Moncur III Octet - Exploration - Capri Records
5 David 'Fathead' Newman - I Remember Brother Ray - HighNote
5 Various - Harold Arlen Centennial Celebration - Concord
4 Kurt Rosenwinkel - Deep Song - Verve
4 Mel Torme/Gerry Mulligan/George Shearing - Classic Concert Live - Concord
5 Harry Watters Quartet - Out Of A Dream - Summit
5 Kenny Wheeler & John Taylor - Where Do We Go From Here? - CAM Jazz
4 Abram Wilson - Jazz Warrior - Dune
5 Chris Winters - Impressions - BluJazz
5 Phil Woods - Groovin' To Marty Paich - Jazzed Media

2 - 3 SPINS

2 Howard Alden/Dan Barrett Quintet - Live in'95 - Arbors
3 Denys Baptiste - Let Freedom Ring - Dune
2 Salvatore Bonafede - Journey To Donnafugata - CAM Jazz
2 Ruby Braff - You Brought A New Kind Of Love - Arbors
2 Dave Douglas - Mountain Passages - Greenleaf Music
3 Dale Fielder Quartet - Baritone Sunride - Clarion Jazz
3 Amina Figarova - Come Escape With Me - Munich Rec
3 Onaje Allan Gumbs - Remember their Innocence - Ejano Music
3 Michael Hackett - Circles - Summit
3 Dan Haerle - Standard Procedure - Blu Jazz
2 Kyle Hollingsworth - Never Odd Or Even - Sci Fidelity
3 Randy Johnston - Is It You? - HighNote
2 Ron Kalina - Getting My Axes Together - Kalinor Music
2 Lower Monumental - Mayday Session - Origin
3 Sylvain Luc - Ambre - Dreyfus Jazz
3 Thomas Marriott - Individuation - Origin
3 Nicole Margaret Mitchell & Black Earth Ensemble - Hope, Future & Destiny -
Dreamtime Records
3 Jim Pearce - Washington Square Park - Oak Avenue
2 Dafnis Prieto - About The Monks - zoho
3 Sakesho - We want You To Say - Heads Up
3 Tomo - Selftitled - Torii Records
2 Avery Sharpe Trio - Dragon Fly - JKNM Records
3 Two Siberians - Out Of Nowhere - Heads Up
3 Belinda Underwood - Uncurling - Cosmik Muse Records
2 Johnny Varro Trio - Pure Imagination - Arbors
2 Wesla Whitfield - In My Life - HighNote

1 SPIN

1 Bruce Arnold/Oliver Ker Ourio - Duets - MUSE EEK
1 Bruce Arnold/Mike Miller - Two Guys From South Dakota - MUSE EEK
1 Jeff Baker - Monologue - OA2
1 Jeff Berlin - Lumpy Jazz - M.A.J. Records
1 Corey Christiansen Quartet - Awakening - Mel Bay
1 Bill Connors - Return - Tone Center
1 Lars Danielsson - Libera Me - ACT
1 Roderick Harper - The Essence Of... - RHM
1 Charles McPherson - A Tribute To Charlie Parker - Clarion Jazz
1 Dan Nadel - Brooklyn Prayer - Nadelmusic
1 Tommy Newsom & His Octopussycats - Selftitled - Arbors
1 Nojo With Sam Rivers - City Of Neighbourhoods - True North Records
1 Tomo - Selftitled - Torii Records
1 Triplicate - Day & Age - Rhythmelodic Records
1 Steve Venz - Scoop - DAAL Jazz
1 Scott Whitfield - Jazz Orchestra West - The Minute Game - Summit
1 Dave Wilson Quartet - Through the Time - Dreamscape Records

ADDS WEEK OF 3/13/05

Brian Bromberg - Metal - Artistry Music
Jimmy Bruno - Solo - Mel Bay Records
Amanda Carr - Tender Trap - OMS Records
John Ellis - One Foot In The Swamp - Hyena Records
Connie Evingson - Gypsy In My Soul - Minnehaha Records
Carol Heffler - Exactly - Peeka Records
Jacqui Naylor - East / West - Ruby Star Records
Keely Smith - Vegas '58/Today - Concord
Joe Williams / Ben Webster - Havin' A Good Time - Hyena Records

All discs chart for 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality discs that we receive. Thanks for your support.

Russ