[JPL] THE NEXT JAZZ AMERICA ON VOA

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 13 13:33:16 EST 2005

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before!

JAZZ AMERICA is now heard not only on the entertainment service MusicMix,  but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net to get more information including when it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

Also…please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or inquires you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #591…12-13 MARCH, 2005
MILES DAVIS-it’s only a paper moon (Harold Arlen celebration)
ERNESTINE ANDERSON-as long as I live (Harold Arlen celebration)
*Wynton Marsalis Interview
WYNTON MARSALIS-new orleans bump (Unforgivable Blackness)
THE BAD PLUS-street woman (give)
ART TATUM- I’ve got the world on a string(Harold Arlen celebration)
NNENNA FREELON- my shining hour(Harold Arlen celebration)
*Wynton Marsalis Interview
WYNTON MARSALIS-resolution (A Love Supreme)
STEVE KHAN-little sunflower (let’s call this)

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #592…12-13 MARCH, 2005
KENNY BURRELL-out of this world (Harold Arlen celebration)
DIANE SCHUUR-let’s fall in love (Harold Arlen celebration)
*Wynton Marsalis Interview
WYNTON MARSALIS-johnson 2 step (Unforgivable Blackness)
JOHN SCOFIELD-let the cat out (groove elation)
PHIL WOODS-walkin’ shoes (groovin’ to Marty Paich)
PETERSON/ELDRIDGE-devil & the deep blue sea (Harold Arlen celebration)
SARAH VAUGHN-I got a right to sing the blues (Harold Arlen celebration)
*Wynton Marsalis Interview
WYNTON MARSALIS-pursuance (A Love Supreme)
HERBIE HANCOCK-hump (dis is da drum)

SHOW #593-594…19-20 MARCH, 2005
Featured Artist…JOEY DEFRANCESCO
New release…”Legacy”