[JPL] Fw: WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, March 15, 2005

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Mar 15 22:13:45 EST 2005

WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, March 15, 2005

8:00 PM Alone Together Paul Desmond Take Ten RCA Victor

8:08 PM New Sun in the Sky John Pizzarelli Knowing You Telarc Jazz "(Iron Horse, March 31)"
8:11 PM She Loves Me Charles McPherson Horizons Prestige

8:20 PM Walkin' My Baby Back Home Nat King Cole The World of Nat King Cole Capitol
8:22 PM Waiter, Ask the Man to Play the Blues Freddy Cole Waiter, Ask the Man to Play the Blues Verve
8:24 PM Love Me or Leave Me Peggy Lee Black Coffee Verve

8:28 PM Walkin ' Home Arnett Cobb The Wild Man From Texas Proper
8:30 PM I'm in the Mood for Love Arnett Cobb The Wild Man From Texas Proper
8:33 PM Flying Home Lionel Hampton Billy Crystal Presents The Milt Gabler Story Verve

8:36 PM How High the Moon Ella Fitzgerald Billy Crystal Presents The Milt Gabler Story Verve
8:39 PM It Takes Two to Tango Pearl Bailey Billy Crystal Presents The Milt Gabler Story Verve
8:42 PM Rattle & Roll Buck Clayton Swingin' With Buck Proper

8:47 PM Love for Sale Vincent Herring All Too Real High Note
8:55 PM Poinciana John Stein Interplay Azica (Iron Horse, April 22)
8:59 PM The Cross Kurt Rosenwinkel Deep Song Verve (Vermont Jazz Center, March 22)

9:10 PM Them That Got David Fathead Newman I Remember Brother Ray High Note (Iron Horse, April 22)
9:15 PM Someday My Prince Will Come Dr. Lonnie Smith Too Damn Hot Palmetto
9:22 PM Silver Serenade Dr. Lonnie Smith Too Damn Hot Palmetto

9:29 PM Love Walked In Houston Person To Etta With Love High Note
9:36 PM Some of My Best Friends Are Blues Jimmy Smith The Boss Verve

9:48 PM The Water Is Wide Charles Lloyd The Water Is Wide ECM (born 3/15/38)
9:53 PM Te Amare Charles Lloyd Lift Every Voice ECM
10:00 PM Amazing Grace Charles Lloyd Lift Every Voice ECM

10:09 PM Blues in Time Gerry Mulligan & Paul Desmond The Gerry Mulligan-Paul Desmond Quartet Verve (CD feature)
10:18 PM Body and Soul Gerry Mulligan & Paul Desmond The Gerry Mulligan-Paul Desmond Quartet Verve
10:28 PM Stand Still Gerry Mulligan & Paul Desmond The Gerry Mulligan-Paul Desmond Quartet Verve

10:33 PM When Lights Are Low Oscar Peterson Travelin' On Verve
10:44 PM One for Daddy-O Cannonball Adderley Somethin' Else Blue Note

10:55 PM Ntsikana's Bell Abdullah Ibrahim A Celebration Enja/Justin Time (featuring Johnny Dyani)
11:01 PM The Perfumed Forest Wet With Rain Abdullah Ibrahim A Celebration Enja/Justin Time
11:05 PM Saud Abdullah Ibrahim A Celebration Enja/Justin Time (featuring Johnny Dyani)
11:11 PM Mannenberg Revisited Abdullah Ibrahim A Celebration Enja/Justin Time (featuring Ekaya)
11:17 PM Mindif Abdullah Ibrahim A Celebration Enja/Justin Time

11:27 PM Line for Lyons Gerry Mulligan & Paul Desmond The Gerry Mulligan-Paul Desmond Quartet Verve (CD feature)
11:31 PM Wintersong Gerry Mulligan & Paul Desmond The Gerry Mulligan-Paul Desmond Quartet Verve
11:38 PM Battle Hymn of the Republican Gerry Mulligan & Paul Desmond The Gerry Mulligan-Paul Desmond Quartet Verve

11:44 PM Fall Out Gerry Mulligan & Paul Desmond The Gerry Mulligan-Paul Desmond Quartet Verve
11:50 PM Tea for Two Gerry Mulligan & Paul Desmond The Gerry Mulligan-Paul Desmond Quartet Verve

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR