[JPL] Key Largo

Doug Crane dcrane at comcast.net
Wed Mar 16 03:02:44 EST 2005

Neal:

Here's the info cut and pasted from MosaicRecords.com about the session in
question.  It's included in the 8 CD set "THE COMPLETE ROULETTE SARAH
VAUGHAN STUDIO SESSIONS".

The "Sarah + 2" Sessions Barney Kessel (g), Joe Comfort (b).
United Recorders, LA, August 7 & 8, 1962
16913 I Understand SR 52118
16914-21 Key Largo SR 52118, SR 52109
16915 The Very Thought Of You SR 52118
16916 Just Squeeze Me SR 52118
16917-9 When Sunny Gets Blue SR 52118
16918-7 Baby, Won't You Please Come Home SR 52118
16919-8 When Lights Are Low SR 52118
16920-7 All I Do Is Dream Of You SR 52118
16921 Just In Time SR 52118
16922-4 All Or Nothing At All SR 52118
16923-6 Goodnight Sweetheart SR 52118

Key Largo appears to have been first issued in 1964 on "The World of Sarah
Vaughan" (SR 52109) which featured tracks from a variety of Sarah's
Roulette recording sessions.  This track and the rest of the above session
was released in 1965 on "Sarah +2" (SR 52118).

Doug Crane
dcrane at comcast.net
Volunteer Jazz DJ (Wednesdays 7-9 PM)
KUVO Denver 89.3 FM