[JPL] This Week in JazzWeek Magazine

Tony Gasparre tony at jazzweek.com
Wed Mar 16 09:43:05 EST 2005

This week in JazzWeek:

Ravi Coltrane sits down for a Q&A with Tad Hendrickson. While he shares a resemblance and the instrument of the father he never knew, Coltrane's bigger influence is his mother Alice. Tad also responds to a recent article decrying the near-death of jazz in his opinion piece, "Does Jazz Blow?"

In the news, Jazz at Lincoln Center has announced its 2005-06 program, "Jazz from Coast to Coast", which includes special programs produced by WBGO to be broadcast across the country.

And we bring you an update on JazzWeek's charts, powered by Mediaguide. Plus we've got picks and reviews, including new releases by One More, who pay tribute to Thad Jones, and vocal releases from Jacqui Naylor, Lea DeLaria, and John Pizzarelli.

And......

You can now purchase single PDF issues of JazzWeek and chart reprints. They are now available for downloading via the BitPass payment system. BitPass is like a prepaid phone card that you can load with as little as $3.00 from a credit card or Paypal.

Visit http://www.jazzweek.com/singleissue/ for details and downloads!

The deadline for Early Bird Registration for the 2005 JazzWeek Summit is closing fast!

Download the registration form or register online today at

http://www.jazzweek.com/summit/