[JPL] Pronunciation Help, Please

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Wed Mar 16 16:24:42 EST 2005

                                                    WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse
City Michigan

                                                          Listen
Online:   <www.wnmc.org>
                                  37 Years of Community Public Radio for
Northwest Lower Michigan
			              650 BIG watts....we're small, but our tower is TALL

53 hours of jazz per week (with a bit of blues/folk/world-international in
the mix)  **  9 hours of blues  **  6 hours of folk  **  6 hours of
combined blues/folk/roots  **  6 hours of world/international music  **  A
2 hour weekday morning news-topical-community show  **  The best of
indie-alt rock fills out the schedule

                          Eric Hines, general manager/music director
<ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                            Thomas M "Biz" Bisard, jazz music director
<mrbiz at torchlake.com>
                               Office: (231) 995-2562         Studio
Request Line: (231) 995-1090

                   Product, Promotions, etc to:    WNMC, attn: Eric Hines,
station manager or Biz Bisard, jazz music director
				                    1701 E Front St
				                    Traverse City MI 49686

Hello All,

I'm hoping for help from the Portuguese speakers out there. I just received
the disc of a 1976 Bola Sete concert  "Live at Grace Cathedral" and am not
sure of his last name. My station manager thinks he heard a Portuguese
speaker pronounce it <set> (as in set the table for me, please) when he saw
him live 20 years ago. My high school Spanish makes me want to pronounce it
<SAY tay>. The NEJRC guide is of no help as he's not listed. BTW....I
assume the first name is pronounced <BOH luh.> So I guess what I'm really
asking is how does one pronounce "seven" in Portuguese?

Thanks in Advance,
    Biz