[JPL] Pronunciation Help, Please

Manuel Jorge Veloso mjveloso at netcabo.pt
Thu Mar 17 04:30:05 EST 2005

Hi,

I am a Portuguese jazz programmer (and a member of JPML), so I am supposed
to have an idea of how to pronounce the name of the fantastic Bola Sete.

Well, you two have two choices:

If you want to say it in European Portuguese, you could try:

Bola - as in "bowl" (without the last "l") - plus something like "luh"
("bow-luh") / and then "set" (as in "set", a "jazz set", in a club)

If you want to say it in Brazilian Portuguese, you could try:

Bola - also, as in "bowl" (without the last "l") - [only, the two vowels,
"o" and "a", must be very open] - plus (no doubt about it!) something like
"Satch", as in "Satchmo" without the last syllable "mo"».

'Hope this could be of any help!

Adeus! (as in... «goodby!»)

Manuel Jorge Veloso