[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 3/20

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Thu Mar 17 10:37:01 EST 2005

Here’s what will be airing this weekend on Jazz All Night on WCLV,
Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                          Recording
Title                       Label
12:00Mid (Tri-C Jazz Festival Preview Part 1)
Wynton Marsalis        You and Me             The Magic Hour
Blue Note
Charlie Hunter    My Son the Hurricane      Friends

Ropeadope
Heath Brothers      A Harmonic Future      Jazz Family
Concord
Charles Lloyd       Sombrero Sam        Just Before Sunrise
32 Jazz
Bobbi Sanabria         Olacun                  Jazz Fest Sampler
Tri-C
Ted Nash             Bemsha Swing          Sidewalk Meeting
Arabesque

1:00AM
Frank Morgan        Equinox                 City Nights
High Note
Shapes              Love for Sale              The Big Picture
Burnin’ Down the House
Lea Delaria     People are Strange       Double Standard
Telarc
Deep Blue Organ Trio   Light My Fire     Deep Blue Bruise
Delmark
Beatlejazz   Strawberry Fields    With a Little Help from Our Friends
Lightyear

2:00AM
George Russell         East Side Medley; Helluva Town
                                                                         New
York New York        Impulse
Gil Evans              Time of the Barracuda        Footprints
Columbia
Maria Schneider    Buleria, Solea y Rumba       Concert in the Garden
Artist Share
Trygve Seim          Dansante                             Sangam
ECM

3:00AM
Charles McPherson   I Didn’t Know What Time it Was
                                                                    Tribute
to Charlie Parker         Clarion Jazz
Daniel Smith          Anthropology               Bebop Bassoon
Daniel Smith
Turtle Island           Mara’s Garden               4 + Four
Telarc
Fred Hersch            Sleepers; Spirit; After the Dazzle of the Day
                                                                     Leaves
of Grass                     Palmetto
Orquestra Popuplar de Camara    Bayaty    Orquestra Popular
Adventure

4:00AM
Ernie Krivda         Night Rider; I’m  Late         Focus
Cadence
Charles Mingus     Half-Mast Inhibition          Mingus Revisited
EmArcy
Ladd McIntosh          Guru                              Ride the Night
Beast           LEM
Paul Motian           One in Three             I Have the Room Above Her
ECM
Steve Turre      Serenade to a Cuckoo/Bright Moments
                                                             The Spirits Up
Above                     High Note
Avery Sharpe        Dragon Fly                              (same)
JKNM
Onaje Allan Gumbs        Playtime        Remember Their Innocence
Ejano

5:00AM
Derek Oleszkiewicz          You Don’t Know What Love Is
                                                              Like a Dream
Cryptogramophone
Kurt Rosenwinkel             The Cloister         Deep Song
Verve
Giacomo Gates    How High the Moon/Ornithology    Centerpiece
Origin
Mark Murphy             Parker’s Mood           Bop for Miles
High Note
Stefano di Battista         Confirmation           Parker’s Mood
Blue Note
Connie Evingson     S’Wonderful/Dizzy Atmosphere
                                                                    Gypsy in
My Soul                    Minnehaha
Jim Snidero            Nippon Blue                    Close Up
Milestone
Dave Wilson                 Dindi                     Through the Time
Dreamscape

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>

WCLV