[JPL] Fw: WFCR/Jazz à la Mode/March 17, 2005

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Mar 17 23:36:56 EST 2005

WFCR/Jazz à la Mode/March 17, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

8:00 PM Danny Boy Ben Webster King of the Tenors Verve

8:06 PM It's Magic Eric Alexander Dead Center High Note
8:13 PM Sometimes I Think Carolyn Leonhart New 8th Day Sunnyside
8:17 PM Bop Kick Jay Leonhart Cool Sons of Sound

8:22 PM Sweet Lorraine Nat King Cole Best of: The Vocal Sides Capitol Jazz (born 3/17/19)
8:25 PM Embraceable You Nat King Cole Best of: The Vocal Sides Capitol Jazz
8:28 PM It's Only a Paper Moon Nat King Cole Best of: The Vocal Sides Capitol Jazz

8:34 PM Indiana Art Tatum The Complete Capitol Recordings, Vol. 2 Capitol Jazz
8:37 PM Somebody Loves Me Oscar Peterson The Gershwin Songbooks Verve
8:41 PM Gee Baby, Ain't I Good to You Oscar Peterson With Respect to Nat Verve
8:44 PM Music, Music, Music Ray Charles The Genius After Hours Atlantic

8:47 PM All the Things You Are Harry Watters Out of a Dream Summit
8:52 PM Body and Soul Will Martin Morning Saguaro Beach
8:56 PM Detour Ahead Steve Davis Dig Deep Criss Cross (Cheney Hall, April 1)

9:04 PM Brooklyn Sometimes Kurt Rosenwinkel Deep Song Verve (Vermont Jazz Center, March 22)
9:13 PM State of the Union Fly Fly Savoy Jazz
9:21 PM Time Café Darek Oles Like a Dream Cryptogramophone

9:32 PM I'm an Errand Boy for Rhythm John Pizzarelli P.S. Mr. Cole RCA (Iron Horse, March 31)
9:36 PM That's Nat John Pizzarelli P.S. Mr. Cole RCA
9:39 PM Hit That Jive Jack Diana Krall All for You Impulse
9:43 PM I Just Found Out About Love Freddy Cole I'm Not My Brother, I'm Me High Note

9:49 PM Kansas City Blues Joe Williams Havin' a Good Time Hyena (featuring Ben Webster)
9:55 PM Two Bones & A Pick Duke Robillard & Ronnie Earl The Duke Meets the Earl Stony Plain
10:03 PM Blues in B Flat Oscar Moore The Oscar Moore Quartet VSOP

10:10 PM Nardis Kenny Werner Introducing the Trio Sunnyside (Iron Horse, March 18)
10:23 PM Stella by Starlight Kenny Werner Live at the Blue Note Half Note
10:30 PM Evidence Kenny Werner Live at the Blue Note Half Note

10:43 PM Maiden Voyage Herbie Hancock Maiden Voyage Blue Note (40th anniversary/rec. 3/17/65)
10:51 PM The Eye of the Hurricane Herbie Hancock Maiden Voyage Blue Note
10:57 PM Little One Herbie Hancock Maiden Voyage Blue Note

11:05 PM Nite 'Awl Heather Bennett Suite Talk Apria
11:12 PM Darn That Dream Jimmy Scott But Beautiful Milestone (Artists Collective, March 19)
11:18 PM Easy Living Enrico Rava Easy Living ECM

11:25 PM Survival of the Fittest Herbie Hancock Maiden Voyage Blue Note (40th anniversary, 3/16/65)
11:36 PM Dolphin Dance Herbie Hancock Maiden Voyage Blue Note

11:47 PM You Can Depend on Me Nat King Cole After Midnight Capitol Jazz (born 3/17/19)
11:51 PM What Is There to Say? Nat King Cole After Midnight Capitol Jazz
11:55 PM Caravan Nat King Cole After Midnight Capitol Jazz

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR