[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 3/18/05

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Mar 19 01:05:20 EST 2005

JAZZ FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, March 18, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL - BILL HENDERSON (b. 3/19/1930)

7:00pm
THEME; Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

7:05pm
Lennie Tristano; (b. March 19, 1919): Becoming; You Go To My Head,
Tristano/The New Tristano (Atlantic / Rhino)
Lennie Tristano: Marionette, Intuition (Capitol)

7:21pm
Toots Thielemans
(appearing in Worcester, MA Saturday night;
with Kenny Werner and Oscar Castro-Neves)
The Windmills of Your Mind, Foorprints (Emarcy)
Kenny Werner: Stella By Starlight, Peace (Half Note)
Oscar Castro-Neves: Everything Happens To Me, Playful Heart (Mack Avenue)

7:37pm
Joan Stiles: Daahoud, Love Call (Zoho)
Clifford Brown - Max Roach: I"ll Remember April, Basin Street (Verve)
Paradigm Shift: Sandu, Shifting Times (Nagel Heyer)

8:00pm
SPECIAL: BILL HENDERSON; (b. 3/19/1930
All or Nothing At All; I See Your Face Before Me; I've Got A Crush on You;
At Long Last Love, Bill Henderson w. Oscar Peterson Trio (Verve)

8:16pm
Bill Henderson w. Mike Melvoin & Charlie Haden: You Won't Hear Me Say
Goodbye; Ruth's Waltz; Living Without You, The Capitol Sessions (NAIM Audio)

8:33pm
Bill Henderson: Joey, Joey; Love Locked Out; It Never Entered My Mind, The
Complete Vee Jay Recordings Volume 1 (Vee Jay/ - Koch Jazz)

8:52pm
Horace Silver: Senor Blues, Six Pieces of Silver (Blue Note)
Jimmy Smith w. Bill Henderson: Willow Weep For Me; Ain't No Use; Angel Eyes;
Ain't That Love, Softly As A Summer Breeze (Blue Note)

9:15pm
Bill Henderson: Watch What Happens, Live At TheTimes (Discovery LP)
Bill Henderson: All The Things You Are; Whisper Not,
Something's Got To Give (Discovery)
Bill Henderson: Street of Dreams, Street Of Dreams (Discovery LP)

9:38pm
Charlie Haden; Bill Henderson: Why Did I Choose You; You My Love; Easy on
The Heart, The Art of The Song (Verve)
Bill Henderson: Young and Foolish,
Bill Henderson with The Oscar Peterson Trio (Verve)

END OF SPECIAL FEATURE

10:06pm
Various; Mean What You Say, One More/Music of Thad Jones (IPO Recordings)
Thad Jones: I've Got A Crush On You, The Magnificent Thad Jones (Blue Note)
Hank Jones; The Great Jazz Trio: A Child is Born,
Someday My Prince Will Come (Columbia/Eighty Eights)

10:32pm
RECORDED MARCH 18, 1958; Charles Mingus; Langston Hughes: Weary Blues, Verve

10:55pm
Fred Hersch: The Sleepers, Leaves of Grass (Palmetto)
Jack Kerouac: American Haikus, Bues and Haikus (Rhino World Beat)
Ken Nordine: Reaching Into In, The Beat Generation (Rhino World Beat)
Lenny Bruce: Psychopathia Sexualis, Lenny Bruce Originals Volume 1 (Fantasy)

11:11pm
George Colligan: Cinema Paradiso, Past Present Future (Criss Cross)
Charlie Haden: Avenue of Stars, Always Say Goodbye (Verve)
Enrico Pieranunzi: Amarcord, Fellinin Jazz (CAM Jazz)

11:33pm
Kurt Rosenwinkel: The Cross, Deep Song (Verve)
Peter Leitch: East of The Sun, Autobiography (Reservoir)
Paul Motian w. Bill Frisell: Osmosis, I Have The Room Above Her (ECM)

11:52pm
John Coltrane: Equinox, Coltrane's Sound (Atlantic)

END OF PROGRAM