[JPL] WEMU Top 25 Jazz 3/14-20/05

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Tue Mar 22 15:17:49 EST 2005

Hello! Here are the 25 most-played new and reissued
jazz CDs on 89.1 from March 14th through 20th. The
number in the parentheses tells you how many times
we played a disc.

1.	Art Pepper/ Mosaic Select 15: Art Pepper/ Mosaic (10)
2.	Andrew Hill/ Mosaic Select 16: Andrew Hill/
Mosaic (9)
3.	Nat “King” Cole/ The World Of Nat “King” Cole/
Capitol (8)
4.	Jeff Coffin Mu’tet/ Bloom/ Compass (7)
5.	Ann Rabson/ In A Family Way/ Emit Doog Music (7)
6.	Connie Evingston/ Gypsy In My Soul/ Minnehaha
Music (7)
7.	Joe Williams With Ben Webster/ Havin’ A Good
Time/ Hyena (6)
8.	George Colligan/ Past, Present...Future/ Criss
Cross (6)
9.	David “Fathead” Newman/ I Remember Brother Ray/
High Note (6)
10.	Donald Harrison/ Free Style/ Nagel-Heyer (6)
11.	Los Hombres Calientes/ Volume Five: Carnival/
Basin Street (6)
12.	BeatleJazz/ With A Little Help From Our Friends/
Lightyear (5)
13.	Collier And Dean/ Duets/ Origin (5)
14.	Lars Danielsson/ Libera Me/ ACT (4)
15.	Reeds And Deeds/ Wailin’/ Criss Cross (4)
16.	Phil Woods/ Groovin’ To Marty Paich/ Jazzed
Media (4)
17.	Rebecca Sayre/ This Is Always/ Becca Records (4)
18.	Damjan Krajacic/ In Retrospect/ RoundTone (4)
19.	Ellen Rowe Quartet/ Denali Pass/ PKO (3)
20.	Dave Holland Big Band/ Overtime/ Dare2 (3)
21.	Randy Johnston/ Is It You? / High Note (3)
22.	Jason Moran/ Same Mother/ Blue Note (3)
23.	Ravi Coltrane/ In Flux/ Savoy Jazz (3)
24.	David Binney/ Bastion Of Sanity/ Criss Cross (3)
25.	Paul Motian/ I Have The Room Above Her/ ECM (3)

Here are the groups and artists WEMU listeners
liked:  Joanna Connor, The Holmes Brothers, Solomon
Burke, Nancy Wilson, Howard & The White Boys, John
Lee Hooker, Lennie Tristano, Riley Bandy, Greg
Abate, Hubert Sumlin, Stan Getz, Susannah McCorkle,
Thelonious Monk, Art Blakey, Billie Holiday, Les
McCann, Chet Baker, Connie Evingson, Jeff Coffin
Mu'tet, Oliver Johnson, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis
Armstrong, Medeski, Martin & Wood, Two Siberians,
Curtis Fuller, Lorez Alexandria, Ann Rabson, Marian
McPartland, Count Basie, Nat King Cole, Jim
Seeley/Arturo O'Farrill, Arthur Prysock, Arthur
Blythe, Sonny Rollins, Phil Woods, Art Pepper,
George Delgado, Steve Turre, Thornetta Davis,
Jeannie & Jimmy Cheatham, Jay Geils, David "Fathead"
Newman, Detroit Women of Rhythm & Blues and the Jay
Leonhart Trio.

If you would like to send CDs to the show hosts, you
are welcome to do so, but please remember to send an
additional copy to the music director, so that all
WEMU hosts can review the music for potential airplay.

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
PO Box 980350
Ypsilanti MI 48198-0350

Thanks for the great music to share with great
listeners!

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
lyohn at emich.edu