[JPL] WEMU Top 25 Blues 3/14-20/05

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Tue Mar 22 15:27:03 EST 2005

Hello! Here are the 25 most-played new and reissued
blues CDs on 89.1 from March 14th through 20th. The
number in the parentheses tells you how many times
we played a disc.

1.	Solomon Burke/ Make Do With What You Got/ Shout
Factory (7)
2.	Ann Rabson/ In A Family Way/ Emit Doog Music (7)
3.	Various/ The Big Ol’ Box Of New Orleans Sampler/
Shout Factory (7)
4.	Elmore James/ Best Of The Modern Years/ Metro
Blue (5)
5.	Memphis Slim/ Paris Mississippi Blues/ Sunnyside (5)
6.	Herbert Sumlin/ About Them Shoes/ Tone Cool (4)
7.	Ronnie Earl & Duke Robillard/ The Duke Meets
Earl/ Stony Plain (3)
8.	Sue Foley/ Changes/ Justin Time (3)
9.	Carlos Del Junco/ Blues Mongrel/ Northern Blues (3)
10.	Louisiana Red/ No Turn On Red/ HMG (3)
11.	T-Bone Walker/ Best Of The Modern Years/ Metro
Blue (3)
12.	Etta James/Best Of The Modern Years/Metro Blue (3)
13.	Roomful Of Blues/ Standing Room Only/ Alligator (2)
14.	Eddie Turner/ Rise/ Northern Blues (2)
15.	Otis Clay/ Respect Yourself/ Blind Pig (2)
16.	Jay Geils/ Jay Geils Plays Jazz!/ Stony Plain (2)
17.	Roomful Of Blues/ Standing Room Only/ Alligator (2)
18.	Joe Weaver/Detroit Rhythm And Blues/Bo Weevil (2)
19.	Johnny Guitar Watson/Best Of The Modern
Years/Metro Blue (2)
20.	Sugar Ray & The Blue Tones/ Hands Across The
Table/ Severn (1)
21.	Rory Block/ From The Dust/ Telarc (1)
22.	Mitch Kashmer/ Nickels And Dimes/ Delta Groove (1)
23.	Oliver M. Johnson/ Hard Times/ Quinn (1)
24.	Sonny Landreth/ Grant Street/ Sugar Hill (1)
25.	Ron Levy’s Wild Kingdom/ Voodoo Boogaloo/
Levtronic (1)

This list reflects airplay on WEMU’s special blues
shows: “Big City Blues Cruise”, “The Blues And Some
Other Stuff”, “Blues On The Mellow Side”, and all
89.1 Jazz shows. We blend a little blues into our
jazz shows to make sure we’re always soulfully
rooted in great American Music.

Joe Tiboni hosts the “Big City Blues Cruise” from 3
to 6 PM Sundays. “Blues And Some Other Stuff” with
Michael Jewett airs from 7 to 10PM Sundays followed
by Doug Cameron’s “Blues On The Mellow Side” from
10PM to 1AM.

If you would like to send CDs to the hosts, you are
welcome to do so, but please remember to send one to
the attention of the music director for our library.
 We want all WEMU hosts to have a chance to review
your music for possible airplay.  Thanks!

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
PO Box 980350
Ypsilanti MI 48198-0350

Thanks for loving the blues and allowing WEMU to
share the love!

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
lyohn at emich.edu