[JPL] WEMU Top 25 Cuban & Brazilian 3/14-20/05

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Tue Mar 22 15:30:29 EST 2005

Hello! Here are the 25 most-played new and reissued
Afro- Cuban, Latin jazz, Brazilian, African and
Caribbean CDs on 89.1 from March 14th through March
20th. The number in the parentheses tells you how
many times we played a disc.

1.	Los Hombres Calientes/ Volume 5: Carnival/ Basin
Street (6)
2.	Jorge Ben Jor/ Reactuvis Amro Est./ Universal (3)
3.	Hilario Duran/ New Danzon/ Alma (3)
4.	Damjan Krajacic/ In Retrospect/ RoundTone (3)
5.	Babatunde Lea/ Suite Unseen: Summoner Of The
Ghost/ Motema (3)
6.	Chango Spasiuk/ Sounds From The Red Land/
Piraha.de (3)
7.	Various Artists/ Acoustic Brazil/ Putumayo (3)
8.	Carlos “Patato” Valdes/ El Hombre/ Mambo Maniacs (2)
9.	Bossacucanova/ Uma Batide Diferente/ Six Degrees (2)
10.	Betsy Braud & The Jazz Nurse Prescription/ Just
What The Doctor Ordered/ OWO (2)
11.	George Delgado/ Mi Ritmo/ Llego (2)
12.	Paula Morelenbaum/ Berimbaum/ Universal Music
Brazil (2)
13.	Dafnis Prieto/ About The Monks/ Zoho (2)
14.	Michel Camilo/ Solo/ Telarc (1)
15.	Caribbean Jazz Project/ Live: Here And Now/
Concord (1)
16.	Tete Alhinho/ Voz/ World Connection (1)
17.	Sergent Garcia/ La Semilla Escondida/ EMI (1)
18.	Los Jovenes Del Barrio/ Es Diferente/ Shanachie (1)
19.	Jessie Marquez/ Sana Locura/ sanalocura.com (1)
20.	Tania Libertad/ Negro Color/ World Village Music (1)
21.	Osdalgia/ Sueman Los Cueros/ Lusafrica (1)
22.	Sakesho/ We Want You To Say/ Heads Up (1)
23.	Monica Salmaso/ Iaia/ World Village (1)
24.	Poncho Sanchez/ Poncho At Montreux/ Silverline (1)
25.	Son Cafe/ Bailando Con/ BKS (1)

This list reflects airplay on “Cuban Fantasy”,
“Brazilian Sol” and all 89.1 Jazz programs. “Cuban
Fantasy” with host Marc Taras airs from 7 to 9 PM
Mondays followed by “Brazilian Sol” with Mary
Catherine Smith from 9 to 11 PM.

If you would like to send CDs to the show hosts, you
are welcome to do so, but please remember to send an
additional copy to the music director, so that all
WEMU hosts can review the music for potential
airplay. We spice up our “meat and potatoes” jazz
programs with hot Latin music.

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
PO Box 980350
Ypsilanti MI 48198-0350

Thank you for the great music to share with WEMU
listeners!

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
lyohn at emich.edu