[JPL] WFCR/"Jazz à la Mode" March 24, 2005

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Mar 24 23:14:22 EST 2005

WFCR/"Jazz à la Mode" March 24, 2005
Bobby Short Memorial;
Part 3: Oscar Peterson, Exclusively for My Friends; interview with Steve Kuhn online www.wfcr.org

8:00 PM I'm in the Mood for Love James Moody Masters of Jazz, Vol. 7: Jazz Hit Singles Rhino (born 2/36/25)

8:05 PM Moody's Mood for Love King Pleasure Masters of Jazz, Vol. 6: Male Vocal Classics Rhino (born 3/24/22)
8:07 PM Everybody's Comin' Dave Brubeck The Real Ambassadors Columbia (Hartford Academy of the Arts/April 3)
8:09 PM You Swing Baby aka The Duke Dave Brubeck The Real Ambassadors Columbia (Hartford Academy of the Arts/April 3)

8:13 PM It's You or No One Steve Kuhn Dedication Reservoir (born 3/24/38)
8:21 PM She's Funny That Way Steve Kuhn Countdown Reservoir
8:25 PM Prelude to a Kiss Steve Kuhn Love Walked In Sunnyside

8:35 PM Bright Mississippi Renee Rosnes Renee Rosnes Blue Note (born 3/24/62)
8:41 PM Four in One Renee Rosnes For the Moment Blue Note
8:48 PM Solar Renee Rosnes Without Words Blue Note

8:58 PM Polka Dots and Moonbeams James Moody Moody's Party Telarc Jazz (born 3/26/25)
9:10 PM Bennie's From Heaven James Moody Moody's Party Telarc Jazz
9:16 PM Bebop James Moody Moody's Party Telarc Jazz

9:28 PM Seven Steps to Heaven World Saxophone Quartet Selim Sivad: A Tribute to Miles Davis Justin Time (Berkshire Music Hall: 3/26)
9:34 PM Language Mario Pavone Orange Playscape (Main & Hopewell: 3/26)
9:37 PM Crutch for the Crab Mario Pavone Mythos Playscape (Main & Hopewell: 3/26)

9:45 PM Travelin' On Oscar Peterson Exclusively for My Friends, Vol 6: Travelin' On Verve
9:48 PM Emily Oscar Peterson Exclusively for My Friends, Vol 6: Travelin' On Verve
9:58 PM Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars Oscar Peterson Exclusively for My Friends, Vol 6: Travelin' On Verve

10:09 PM The Rain Forest Steve Kuhn Remembering Tomorrow ECM (born 3/24/38)
10:13 PM Oceans of the Sky Steve Kuhn Remembering Tomorrow ECM
10:21 PM Lullaby Steve Kuhn Remembering Tomorrow ECM
10:25 PM Trance Steve Kuhn Remembering Tomorrow ECM

10:36 PM Indiana Bobby Short Piano Surroundedby (died 3/21/05)
10:39 PM Tea for Two Bobby Short Piano Surroundedby
10:43 PM Maybe Bobby Short Piano Surroundedby
10:46 PM Memories of You Bobby Short Piano Surroundedby
10:50 PM As Long As I Live Bobby Short Piano Surroundedby

10:55 PM Life's Backward Glance Steve Kuhn Remembering Tomorrow ECM (born 3/24/38)
11:01 PM All The Rest Is The Same Steve Kuhn Remembering Tomorrow ECM
11:08 PM Emmanuel Steve Kuhn Remembering Tomorrow ECM
11:13 PM Remembering Tomorrow Steve Kuhn Remembering Tomorrow ECM

11:23 PM Sax No End Oscar Peterson Exclusively for My Friends, Vol. 6: Travelin' On Verve
11:29 PM When Lights Are Low Oscar Peterson Exclusively for My Friends, Vol. 6: Travelin' On Verve

11:41 PM The Feeling Within Steve Kuhn Remembering Tomorrow ECM (born 3/24/38)
11:47 PM Bittersweet Passages Steve Kuhn Remembering Tomorrow ECM
11:52 PM Silver Steve Kuhn Remembering Tomorrow ECM

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR