[JPL] Material for "Good Friday" programming

r durfee rdurfee2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 17:53:41 EST 2005

 Max Roach and the JC White singers..."Were You There When They Sacrificed My Lord?"  from Lift Every Voice & Sing works pretty well.

Len Dobbin <lendobbin at sympatico.ca> wrote: ************************************************
This week's sponsor is: Heads Up and Telarc Records
provided by Yellow Dog Communications, Inc.
For more information visit us at http://jpl.yellowdog.com
To become a sponsor contact Tony Gasparre
at tony at yellowdog.com or 585-235-4685.

The trio of Jim Hall, Red Mitchell (piano) and Red Kelly
did "Good Friday Blues" for Pacific Jazz (The Modest Jazz Trio) and on John Coltrane's "Dakar" there is a Pepper Adams composition called "Mary's Blues" - so titled Pepper told me as it was written on Good Friday.

lendobbin at sympatico.ca
This week's sponsor is: Heads Up and Telarc Records
Many thanks to Heads Up and Telarc Records for making the 2005 JazzWeek Summit Fellowship a reality. JazzWeek will be announcing the recipients shortly!

The 2005 JazzWeek Summit early bird registration rates are going to expire very soon. Go to http://www.jazzweek.com/summit to register online or to download the PDF registration form.