[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 3/25/05

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Mar 26 00:59:38 EST 2005

Friday, March 25, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURE: STEVE KUHN (b. 3/24/1938)

7:00pm
Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

7:05pm
Recorded 3/25/1993
John McLaughlin: Turn Out The Stars,
Time Remembered (Verve)
Born 3/25/1931
Paul Motian: Very Early, Bill Evans (JMT Music)
Bill Evans: A Time For Love, Alone (Verve)

7:26pm
Ralph Peterson: Johnny Come Lately (Strayhorn),
The Fo'tet Augmented (Criss Cross)
Andy Bey: Satin Doll (Ellington; Strayhorn)`, American Song (Savoy)
The Vanguard Jazz Orchestra; Music of Slide Hampton: Strayhorn,
The Way (Planet Arts)

7:47pm
The Silver Leaf Gospel Singers; (In Concert 4/3/05 / Forest Hills Chapel:
Something's On My Mind, Live at WGBH 2/1/2000 (Only on 89.7)
Wycliffe Gordon: All Day Long, In The Cross (Criss Cross)

8:01pm
SPECIAL FEATURE: STEVE KUHN (b. 3/24/1938)
Steve Kuhn: Old Folks, Live at Maybeck (Concord)
Steve Kuhn: Yesterday's Gardenias, Mostly Ballads (New World)
Steve Kuhn: Oceans in The Sky, Oceans in The Sky (OWL/Sunnyside)

8:23pm
Steve Kuhn: Life's Backward Glance, Promises Kept (ECM )
Steve Kuhn; Gary McFarland: One I Could Have Loved, October Suite (Impulse)
Sheila Jordan: Deep Tango, Little Song (HighNote)

8:44pm
Kenny Dorham: This Love of Mine, Jazz Contemporary (Time/Bainbridge)
Pee Wee Russell; Henry "Red" Allen: Blue Monk,
The College Concert (Impulse LP)
Art Farmer: Sing Me Softly of The Blues,
Interaction/Sing Me Softly of The Blues (Atlantic / Collectables)

9:08pm
Steve Swallow: Thirty Five, Swallow (XtraWATT)
Steve Kuhn: Looking Back, Looking Back (Concord)
Steve Kuhn: Little Old Lady, Life's Magic (Blackhawk)

9:29pm
Stan Getz: Airegin, The Best of The Verve Years (Verve)
Charles McPherson: Gone With The Wind, But Beautiful (Venus)
Pete LaRoca: Tears Come From Heaven, Basra (Blue Note)

9:49pm
Steve Kuhn: Remembering Tomorrow, Remembering Tomorrow (ECM)
Steve Kuhn: Year's Later, Year's Later (Concord)

END OF SPECIAL FEATURE

10:06pm
Carolyn Leonhart: I'm In The Mood for Love, New 8th Day (Sunnyside)
Michael Leonhart: Flamenco Sketches, Slow (Sunnyside)
Jay Leonhart: Bop Kick, Cool (SOS Productions)
Nat "King" Cole Trio: Body and Soul, The Definitive Nat "King" Cole (Verve)

10:30pm
David "Fathead " Newman: Drown In My Own Tears,
I Remember Brother Ray (HighNote)
Joe Williams; Ben Webster: KC Blues, Havin' A Good Time (Hyena)
Benny Golson: Blues March, Terminal 1 (Concord)

10:53pm
Ravi Coltrane: Dear Alice, In Flux (Savoy)
Alice Coltrane: Crescent, Translinear Light (Verve)
John Coltrane: Like Sonny, Coltrane Jazz (Atlantic)

11:15pm
Conrad Herwig/Brian Lynch: Miles Mode, Que Viva Coltrane (Criss Cross)
Various: Thad's Pad, One More/The Music of Thad Jones (IPO Recordings)
Carlos Franzetti: Quiet Nights, The Jazz Kamerata (Chesky)

11:40pm
Kate McGarry: How Deep is The Ocean; But Not For Me; Do You Know What It
Means to Miss New Orleans, Mercy Streets (Palmetto)

11:55pm
The Modest Jazz Trio; Jim Hall; Red Mitchell; Red Kelly:
The Good Friday Blues, Good Friday Blues (Pacific Jazz LP)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.