[JPL] THE NEXT JAZZ AMERICA ON VOA

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 26 08:05:18 EST 2005

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before!

JAZZ AMERICA is now heard not only on the entertainment service MusicMix,  but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net to get more information including when it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

Also…please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or inquires you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #595…26-27 MARCH, 2005
Segment one…25:00
LEA DELARIA-call me (double standards)
MILES DAVIS-7 steps to heaven (complete recordings)
*Christian McBride Interview
CHRISTIAN McBRIDE-technicolor nightmare (vertical vision)

Segment two…30:00
BOB JAMES-the jody grind (straight up)
SHELIA JORDAN-confirmation (confirmation)
*Christian McBride Interview
CHRISTIAN McBRIDE-the wizard of montara (vertical vision)
JAZZ WARRIORS-chameleon (the rebirth of the cool)

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #596…26-27 MARCH, 2005
Segment one…25:00
RAY BROWN-I’m getting sentimental over you (…trumpet players)
JOE WILLIAMS-just a sittin’ and a rockin’ (havin’ a good time)
*Christian McBride Interview
CHRISTIAN McBRIDE-ballad of little girl dancer (vertical vision)
GEORGE DUKE-let’s roll (face the music)

Segment two…30:00
MICHAEL WOLFF-cannonblues (jumpstart)
ALMA MICIC-corcovado (introducing alma)
*Christian McBride Interview
CHRISTIAN McBRIDE-boogie woogie waltz (vertical vision)
HEATH BROTHERS-dave’s haze (as we were saying)

SHOW #597-598…2-3 APRIL, 2005
JAZZ APPRECIATION MONTH-Week 1
Salute To New Orleans featuring Branford & Wynton
Marsalis, Nicholas Payton & Harry Connick, Jr.