[JPL] NEXT WEEK ON XM'S MODERN JAZZ CHANNEL...XM 72 BEYOND JAZZ

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 26 08:07:48 EST 2005

XM 72...BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (28 March-3 April 05)

This Monday, March 28th, we'll present another edition of our special feature...MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of one of the most versatile masters in jazz today, GEORGE DUKE! With the good graces of Warner Music you'll hear a full hour of George's music from his collaborations with Jean-Luc Ponty, Frank Zappa, Billy Cobham & Stanley Clarke to his own incredible solo work as a master keyboardist and vocalist. Listen Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It's MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! featuring GEORGE DUKE! on XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

George Duke's new CD  "DUKE"...
A Special  PREMIER TUESDAY on Beyond Jazz...XM 72
On XM 72, Beyond Jazz, when we have special new music to debut we usually give it to you on what we call Premier Sunday. Well, on Tuesday, March 29th, we'll break with tradition to present an extraordinary Premier Tuesday to present the very special premier of the new George Duke CD "DUKE." The master of funk, jazz and fusion has done it again with cool funky grooves and an 18 + minute piece that recalls the glories of the best of fusion history.  Listen for a cut every hour from 6 PM to Midnight Eastern, that's 1-9 PM Pacific. It's the premier of "DUKE," the newest from George Duke on Tuesday, March 29th, on a special Premier Tuesday from XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

This week it's a night of new fusion with NIACIN LIVE! on WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 8 PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we'll feature one of the hardest driving "new fusion" bands in jazz history as drummer Dennis Chambers, bassist Billy Sheehan and organist John Novello blow the roof off the top of BJ's ...it's NIACIN LIVE! on this weeks addition of WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S!

IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. Each hour beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you'll hear a classic fusion piece and get the mojo behind this controversial era in jazz history. IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION! on XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

On Saturday, April 2nd, Beyond Jazz presents another edition of "WORDS & MUSIC" titled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY CORYELL!" Join Russ Davis as he sits down with the great guitarist, composer, and master of every style from electric fusion to acoustic and world music to celebrate his career on the actual day of his 62nd birthday. We'll hear from Larry as he tells us all about the many phases of his legendary career including the early days of fusion with Gary Burton and his own band Eleventh House, his love of all forms of jazz, his musical visits to Cuba and Brazil and more. Each hour begins with conversation followed by music. It all starts at Noon and lasts through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific) with conversation followed by Larry's incredible music. It's "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY CORYELL!" this Saturday's "WORDS & MUSIC!"

Every Sunday it's the EMAIL REPLY HOUR...from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by playing requested songs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com.

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz

(((XM))) Satellite Radio