[JPL] WWSP Jazzweek Playlist

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 15:47:27 EST 2005

JAZZWEEK REPORT for week of 3/27/05

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 watts

Jazz programming 23 Hours
Mon. - Thurs. 6pm to 10pm
Fri.              10pm to  2am
Sun.             12pm to 3pm

Russ Haines Jazz Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Phone: 715 - 346 - 3755 (Central Time)

4 or more SPINS

4 Zach Brock - Chemistry - Secret Fort Records
4 Jim Cifelli - Groove Station - Short Notice Music
4 Avishai Cohen - At Home - Raz Daz Records / Sunnyside
4 Collier & Dean - Duets - Origin
4 Ravi Coltrane - In Flux - Savoy Jazz
4 Bill Connors - Return - Tone Center
4 Joey DeFrancesco With Jimmy Smith - Legacy - Concord
4 John Ellis - One Foot In The Swamp - Hyena Records
4 Connie Evingson - Gypsy In My Soul - Minnehaha Records
4 Amina Figarova - Come Escape With Me - Munich Records
4 Rigmor Gustafsson & The Jacky Terrasson Trio - Close To You - ACT
4 Thad Jones Celebration Band - Once More Music Of Thad Jones - IPO
4 Birelli Lagrene - Move - Dreyfus Jazz
4 Los Hombres Calientes - Vol. 5 Carnival - Basin Street Records
4 Thomas Marriott - Individuation - Origin
4 Nicole Margaret Mitchell & Black Earth Ensemble - Hope, Future & Destiny -
Dreamtime Records
4 Grachan Moncur III Octet - Exploration - Capri Records
4 Jacqui Naylor - East / West - Ruby Star Records
4 Nojo With Sam Rivers - City Of Neighbourhoods - True North Records
4 Kurt Rosenwinkel - Deep Song - Verve
4 Sakesho - We want You To Say - Heads Up
4 Mel Torme/Gerry Mulligan/George Shearing - Classic Concert Live - Concord
4 Two Siberians - Out Of Nowhere - Heads Up
4 Harry Watters Quartet - Out Of A Dream - Summit
4 Joe Williams / Ben Webster - Havin' A Good Time - Hyena Records
4 Abram Wilson - Jazz Warrior - Dune
4 Chris Winters - Impressions - BluJazz
4 Phil Woods - Groovin' To Marty Paich - Jazzed Media

2 - 3 SPINS
2 Monty Alexander - Live At The Iridium - Telarc
2 Grazyna Auguscik - The Light - GMA Records
2 Bruce Arnold/Mike Miller - Two Guys From South Dakota - MUSE EEK
2 Denys Baptiste - Let Freedom Ring - Dune
2 Salvatore Bonafede - Journey To Donnafugata - CAM Jazz
2 Ruby Braff - You Brought A New Kind Of Love - Arbors
2 Brian Bromberg - Metal - Artistry Music
3 Jimmy Bruno - Solo - Mel Bay Records
2 Lars Danielsson - Libera Me - ACT
2 Dave Douglas - Mountain Passages - Greenleaf Music
3 Dale Fielder Quartet - Baritone Sunride - Clarion Jazz
2 Onaje Allan Gumbs - Remember their Innocence - Ejano Music
3 Michael Hackett - Circles - Summit
3 Dan Haerle - Standard Procedure - Blu Jazz
2 Fred Hersch Ensemble - Leaves Of Grass - Palmetto
3 Dave Holland Big Band - Overtime - Sunnyside
3 Abdullah Ibrahim - A Celebration - Enja/Justin Time
2 Randy Johnston - Is It You? - HighNote
2 Babatunde Lea - Suite Unsseen: Simmoner Of The Ghost - Motema
3 Marian Mcpartland/Steely Dan - Piano Jazz - Concord
2 Doug Munro - Big Boss Bossa Nova - CMG
3 Dan Nadel - Brooklyn Prayer - Nadelmusic
3 David 'Fathead' Newman - I Remember Brother Ray - HighNote
2 Tommy Newsom & His Octopussycats - Selftitled - Arbors
2 Jim Pearce - Washington Square Park - Oak Avenue
3 Dafnis Prieto - About The Monks - zoho
2 Shapes - The Big Picture - Burnin' Down The House Records
2 Kevin Stout & Brian Booth - Tales Of The Tetons - Jazzed5 Records
2 Belinda Underwood - Uncurling - Cosmik Muse Records
2 Various - Harold Arlen Centennial Celebration - Concord
2 Steve Venz - Scoop - DAAL Jazz
2 Chris Walden - Home Of My Heart - Origin
2 Kenny Wheeler & John Taylor - Where Do We Go From Here? - CAM Jazz
2 Scott Whitfield - Jazz Orchestra West - The Minute Game - Summit
2 Dave Wilson Quartet - Through the Time - Dreamscape Records

1 SPIN

1 Bruce Arnold/Oliver Ker Ourio - Duets - MUSE EEK
1 Ron Brendle Trio - Photograph - LoNote
1 Amanda Carr - Tender Trap - OMS Records
1 Paul Combs Pocket Big Band - Live At Chit Chat - Sea Breeze
1 Roderick Harper - The Essence Of... - RHM
1 Carol Heffler - Exactly - Peeka Records
1 Ron Kalina - Getting My Axes Together - Kalinor Music
1 Charles McPherson - A Tribute To Charlie Parker - Clarion Jazz
1 Tomo - Selftitled - Torii Records
1 Triplicate - Day & Age - Rhythmelodic Records
1 Wesla Whitfield - In My Life - HighNote
1 Victor Wooten - Soul Circus - Vanguard Records

ADDS WEEK OF 3/27/05

BeatleJazz - With ALittle Help From Our Friends - Lightyear
Katie Bull - Love Spook - Corn Hill
Bobby Darin - Live At The Desert Inn - Neon Tonic/Concord
Hot Club Of San Francisco - Postcards From Gypsyland - Lost Wax Records
John Pizzarelli - Knowing You - Telarc
Yellowjackets - Altered State - Heads Up

All discs chart for 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality discs that we receive. Thanks for your support.

Russ