[JPL] Fw: WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, March 28, 2005

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Mon Mar 28 23:32:10 EST 2005

WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, March 28, 2005

8:00 PM A Child Is Born Thad Jones & Mel Lewis Consummation Blue Note (b. 3/28/23)

8:06 PM Little Did I Dream Tony Bennett The Art of Romance Columbia
8:10 PM Pick Yourself Up John Pizzarelli Knowing You Telarc (Iron Horse 3/31)

8:14 PM St. Louis Blues Peter Cincotti On the Moon Concord Jazz (Iron Horse 4/5)
8:18 PM Skinny's Blues Red Garland Red's Blues Prestige
8:26 PM Wade in the Water Wycliffe Gordon In the Cross Criss Cross

8:35 PM The Blue Room Thad Jones Complete Blue Note/UA Recordings Mosaic (b. 3/28/23)
8:42 PM Ill Wind Thad Jones Complete Blue Note/UA Recordings Mosaic (b. 3/28/23)
8:49 PM Big Dipper Thad Jones & Mel Lewis Central Park North Blue Note (b. 3/28/23)

8:59 PM Ellington Medley Denise Perrier Live at Yoshi's: Blue Monday Party Chez Perrier Records
9:10 PM Don't You Know I Care Mulgrew Miller Live at Yoshi's Vol. 1 Max Jazz
9:20 PM Prelude to a Kiss Pee Wee Russell Ask Me Now! Impulse (b. 3/27/06)

9:26 PM I've Got the World on a String Pee Wee Russell Swingin' With Pee Wee Prestige (b. 3/27/06)
9:30 PM You Brought a New Kind of Love to Me Ruby Braff You Brought a New Kind of Love Arbors
9:34 PM Say It (Over and Over Again) John Pizzarelli Knowing You Telarc (Iron Horse 3/31)
9:39 PM Remember Bobby Short Piano Surroundedby (d. 3/21/05)

9:46 PM Easy Does It Bobby Timmons The Best of Bobby Timmons Riverside
9:51 PM Little Rascal on a Rock Hank Jones Upon Reflection: The Music of Thad Jones Verve
9:57 PM Thad's Pad One More Music of Thad Jones IPO
10:02 PM Let's Tommy Flanagan Let's Play the Music of Thad Jones Enja

10:12 PM Dear Alice Ravi Coltrane In Flux Savoy Jazz
10:18 PM Deep Song Kurt Rosenwinkel Deep Song Verve
10:22 PM I Have the Room Above Her Paul Motion I Have the Room Above Her ECM
10:27 PM Sweet Suzannah TOMO Music of Reed Kotler Torii

10:37 PM Nice and Nasty The Jones Brothers Keepin' Up With Joneses Verve
10:44 PM Keepin' Up With the Joneses The Jones Brothers Keepin' Up With Joneses Verve
10:50 PM Three and One The Jones Brothers Keepin' Up With Joneses Verve
10:55 PM Sput'n'Jeff The Jones Brothers Keepin' Up With Joneses Verve

11:03 PM I Wish You Love Ian Hendrickson-Smith Still Smokin' Sharp Nine
11:09 PM Just One of Those Things Ken Walker Terra Firma Synergy Music
11:18 PM We'll Be Together Again One for All  Criss Cross (Steve Davis Quintet 4/1: Cheney Hall)

11:27 PM It Had to Be You The Jones Brothers Keepin' Up With the Joneses Verve
11:32 PM On the Alamo The Jones Brothers Keepin' Up With the Joneses Verve
11:35 PM There Is No Greater Love The Jones Brothers Keepin' Up With the Joneses Verve

11:40 PM Ghost of a Chance Joe Pass Virtuoso in New York Pablo
11:46 PM Nancy Randy Johnston Is It You? High Note
11:50 PM Bluebird Benny Green & Russell Malone Bluebird Telarc Jazz
11:54 PM My Bluebird Jay Leonhart Cool  Sons of Sound

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR