Re: [JPL] Fw: WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, March 28, 2005

Grambojazz at aol.com Grambojazz at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 12:49:35 EST 2005

Tom,
Did not see my latest release, Phil Woods "Groovin to Marty Paich" on your
play list.  Did I send one to you?  Sometimes I miss someone so I just wanted to
be sure.
Phil has a ball playing on this live recording from 2004.  These are the
original Marty Paich charts played by Art Pepper in 1959.  Phil brings a whole new
level of interpretation to them.  I was very please with the performance of
the Los Angeles Jazz Orchestra directed by Christian Jacob.
Thanks,
Graham Carter
Jazzed Media